WIDE-BODY KIT FROM SCRATCH

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QUICK LATCH hood lock downs are in. Really nice piece. Rear glass buck went off to the thermal former for prep. Friday we see if the idea becomes reality or a very disappointing exercise.

Back on its wheels. Moving it out of the space to prep the shop for first flick of colour. Exciting!!

I changed my mind probably a dozen times on the colour for this car. Anybody feel like guessing what colour I landed on? We started laying down paint on some parts at 2 am and done by 4.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I didn’t go with the colour I chose it actually would have been blue. But it’s not blue.

I could't decide what color either so went with the original bright red

I'll take a stab you went yellow like in your pic although I think it would look great in a dark metallic green

That is a super sexy green only my cobra is metallic green. The one summer I drove it in yellow took the pleasure of it being something new so those aren’t it either. Also since there are those other modified cars I posted in Orange, White and Foose pewter it’s none of those either.

I’m

I don’t want to be annoying lol so here It is. The BLACKEST of all the black colour chips we went through. No metallic. Just high gloss black. If that’s not a test of bodywork on a fibreglass kit nothing is. Props go out to the courage of my buddy Ivan and my friend Joe.

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s exactly what I was thinking would look great!! Just takes balls that go clang to shoot that color over that many body mods!! Good job. Can’t wait to see more.

Thank you gentlemen. I have about an hour to chill while Ivan is dropping black so I have one more cool thing to share with you all. Yesterday morning I had a very fun day at the thermal forming shop. Courtney from Versaplast took my rear glass buck on Wednesday and drilled tiny holes into it and mounted it on a board. Then he had it mounted to a base and the show began. Nervous as hell, I watched as they made my rear glass out of 1/4” acrylic. More often than not the MDF bucks let go on the fine edges so there were concerns. He explained that usually the first piece is scrap because they need to get the temp right. Well it wasn’t scrap. They turned out killer!!!!

Just resting in place and not polished but it’s exactly my vision so thank you to Marco for making an idea a reality.

Back