WIDE-BODY KIT FROM SCRATCH

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking wicked!

Do you guys make the trunk operational or will it be molded as in the picture? Can the fenders be used with stock rear valance and rear light panel and how about with the stock front valance & grille&supports?

photo 1 copy.JPGThese will be the lines that will separate the rear quarters from the end caps and the end caps from the trunk lid so that it will be operational. the tail light panel is in its stock position however, the whole rear of the car will not work with any other stock parts. The parts are longer and wider. As for the front, the hood is stock dimensions and the eyebrows are stock. from the bumper down to the spoiler is one piece. it will fit onto the stock fender but there are two lower extensions that need to be added in front of the tires that the front apron fasten too.

photo 2 copy 3.JPGend cap

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep the pictures coming. Thats gonna be a whole custom body kit. Cool.

image.jpgNo messing around at the fibreglass shop. Already on dividing up the panels after only a day.

Tail lights will be changed out but not with (68 Cougar) Shelby lights. Different shape and a little longer. I was hoping for the Obsidian. 71 new lights that fit in the stock position but not likely to be available in time.

I have an excellent design idea for some "shelby style" tail lights. I will draw them up when I get home and pm them to you if interested...
Sure.

image.jpgThanks for the offer but I'm choosing to go this route instead of Shelby. More suited to my taste. Similar to his great vision but shape and size was meant for the 67-68.

image.jpgIn gel coat.

image.jpgThick layer of gel coat in black so that there is visible contrast to the white part- no thin spots

image.jpgWe already have a couple layers of glass. Going to be about 6 layers to get a rigid mold.

[attachment=26624]

Thanks for the offer but I'm choosing to go this route instead of Shelby. More suited to my taste. Similar to his great vision but shape and size was meant for the 67-68.
I like the tail lights and was gonna suggest that tail panel, but with custom lenses to make it look more modern...

image.jpgfinishing up the trunk and rear apron. Pop off the molds Monday and they all get water sanded so they are ready for making parts.

Great progress and looks amazing, really impressive work!

Look forward to seeing how the front end turns out, please let me know when I can order one!

Great progress and looks amazing, really impressive work!

Look forward to seeing how the front end turns out, please let me know when I can order one!
Thx. I should have the front end fitted by months end.

image.jpgPieces are made and the car is back at my shop. They are great. I got an impressive demonstration on the quality of the resin that was used on my parts. Very light weight and yet impact resistant. He picked up a 2x4 and gave the rear quarter a shot that would have destroyed anything in its path and there wasn't a scratch on it. I will spend the next few months getting all of it fitted and keep you all posted with progress and shots. I chose to keep the entire front facia a one piece item so that it will use the stock front fender mounting points. The rest will be an adventure.

Back