WIDE-BODY KIT FROM SCRATCH

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazing how some of us more senior enthusiasts get carried away with our projects putting most of our time, effort and of course forever disappearing cash into our beloved hobbies and forgetting the importance of our health.

I too am going down this road and struggle at times to get under the car or work under the dash due to being overweight

Wife has me on a diet and lost 12 pounds in a few weeks. Already starting to feel better for it but a little further to go yet.

Sometimes we just need a reboot to get back on track.

Now all I need to do is win the lottery

Good luck with your repaint and certainly have much respect for those who do it themselves regardless of the outcome although yours is very inspiring
Hey, congrats on feeling better. That’s a big deal. And on having a great wife that supports it. She wants you to stick around. I’m noticing that felling crappy is not just age but a combination of time passing without attention to details (our fuel ). Best news is as long your doing the right things our bodies bounce back far quicker than it takes to ruin them lol. Can’t comment on the lottery other that to say I hope the next one comes your way.
Member of the second half myself for a over a year now, I also got that slowdown. Hated to have that 5 digit added, but somehow all changed fast and never been so active. Because of that I've lost loads of the "extra" and even saw a few weeks back that for the first time in decades my BMI was now in green.

For me the big diff if I look back, is the motivation to get things done. The older you get the more you think about doing but end up postpone. So I've pushed myself and just like our old V8's, after a few pumping and holding, I get my idle steady! Oh and I've stopped buy lottery tickets that I will never win, I use that money to buy parts instead, the odds of success are way higher :)

Right on brother. Can’t build a car or complete other projects from a sick bed. But I hate spinning my wheels. I want the straightest path obstacles will come up but under or over I’m still going straight till it’s done. My dad was a 145 pound Sicilian Italian that loved Fords as you all know and I lost him to heart failure. I can’t go down that path.

Thanks for the eye opener guys. I am scratching the fifth floor and even though I have no issues in regards to weight, I can feel the aging of my fingers, shoulder, back and vision. I keep my self active and playing all kind of sports with my son, but my right shoulder has been an issue. The shoulder has been aggravated by the use of rotary tools and doing strength with arms lifted in weird positions. Every time my shoulder starts feeling better I do something under the car that aggravates it. Trust me, shoulder injuries take forever to heal. A big part of taking it too long to heal is skipping the exercise from PT because I stayed working in the car too late and I don't have time. The vision issue is one that I am learning to deal with when assembling small items together. I still need to get used to having reading glasses on when looking at these small items, but then removing them to work on other things. I keep losing them!! Tell me about working under the dash. Now I need glasses to see that close when laying on the carpet.

Amazing. If I’m going on about this too much I apologize but how do we enjoy the cars when these things get in the way. I will say however by doing this simple program I got rid of the inflammation. That way the route of all my problems. No more apnea. Huge because you don’t rest. No more snoring after the third day I’m on it. Back pain gone. Knee pain gone. ...etc. It boils down to the fact that vitamins are not too difficult to gain through food but minerals are. With age comes less and less minerals and then there are problems. Anyway, let’s keep our machine in good order so we can work on our driving machines lol.

LOL. I do. Every day is sand and paint but on entry doors. Not cars.

Last edited by a moderator:

The baby’s are in the other room collecting dust.

It's been very interesting watching your journey with your car. It's an amazing accomplishment to do what you have done in a home shop. It must feel really good to be getting to the point where you can get serious about paint color.

I noticed that you're closing in on 100,000 views on your thread. There's been a lot of interest in your project.

Well done.

Thank you Don. Lots of good people here who are generous with both their compliments and time. I’d love to eventually run into everyone and their builds. Bucket list for sure!

Amazing. If I’m going on about this too much I apologize but how do we enjoy the cars when these things get in the way. I will say however by doing this simple program I got rid of the inflammation. That way the route of all my problems. No more apnea. Huge because you don’t rest. No more snoring after the third day I’m on it. Back pain gone. Knee pain gone. ...etc. It boils down to the fact that vitamins are not too difficult to gain through food but minerals are. With age comes less and less minerals and then there are problems. Anyway, let’s keep our machine in good order so we can work on our driving machines lol.
Maybe we need to start an old-farts health thread?

One subject I've studied for many years is natural/alternative health and haven't taken any pharmaceuticals whatsoever for nearly 10 years

In our chemically farmed soils there is very little valuable minerals left so you are correct and would be interesting to know what program you are doing

I had knee problems a few years ago (old-farthritis) so started taking a magnesium supplement and make my own bone broth - knees perfect now

Tony - for your shoulder problem could look into stem cell therapy, Joe Rogan uses this quite a bit and talks about it in some of his podcasts

Maybe we need to start an old-farts health thread?

One subject I've studied for many years is natural/alternative health and haven't taken any pharmaceuticals whatsoever for nearly 10 years

In our chemically farmed soils there is very little valuable minerals left so you are correct and would be interesting to know what program you are doing

I had knee problems a few years ago (old-farthritis) so started taking a magnesium supplement and make my own bone broth - knees perfect now

Tony - for your shoulder problem could look into stem cell therapy, Joe Rogan uses this quite a bit and talks about it in some of his podcasts
Good advise buddy. The program I’m on is called a Metabolic Reset. It’s a 6 week thing with outstanding results because once your done you can include foods you love again but with an education on what food does. At the same time you kick your sugar/carb addiction and detox your body. It involves eating proteins vegetables and certain fruits. These people have helped so many thatbtheur in the process of putting up a website. They are called iHEALTHe.  Will be up and running before the month is up. Hope that helps anyone who’s curious. Anyway about the cat I’m looking into getting the Edelbrock tune port injection system and selling my brand new FItech throttlebody that I bought. Looks like a better system to go with.

Something really cool someone did that I just stumbled on. Gave me goosebumps cause I had no idea it was out there and it’s amazing to see the journey like that. I want to send out a huge thank you to the person who did this. I don’t know how to reach them so if anyone does please convey it for me. So cool.

Hey Tony. I believe the kit I’m looking at comes with the intake for small block. I really don’t know if Edelbrock makes it for big blocks. I can’t see why they wouldn’t but I wasn’t looking closely enough to notice when I was searching. Hope so.

Hey very cool link Don. I’m going to have a good look at it. May be another way I go. Thx.

This is one of the sharpest modified 71-73 Mustangs out there! Very tastefully done. Ryan.

This is one of the sharpest modified 71-73 Mustangs out there! Very tastefully done. Ryan.
Thank you sir. Too me any and all praise from all of you I take with much pleasure. You all are not just gear heads but also have a vested interest in exactly this body style and that’s why getting it right in your eyes means so much. Also why criticism is carefully considered as well. Just as a what’s up., l ’m either going to take my month off during my slow winter holiday season and generate coin to enlist help with the car such as a repaint or go at it with the help of friends like Marco and it gets to where i get. Whatever gets me driving it quicker. At this point I wouldn’t mind handing off the body and paint this time around. Someone seeing the car newly is always going to be fresh energy. Good for moving forward any project

Back