WIDE-BODY KIT FROM SCRATCH

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahhh buddy. She’s going to get resprayed. I’m doing a complete flip to a white with black accent paint scheme. My first idea. Go with your gut lol. I’m in no rush. I want it to be great. Thx.
Wait.. what? I thought you killed it with the black.
Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Guys I will be perfectly honest. The car looks sinister in black. I do like it but I am doing my fibreglass parts no favours with the sun. This car will be thourughly enjoyed and over time the sun will most definitely beat the life out of it. I could have Bill let cart in metal but I wanted to make reproducible parts. So being that black adds an additional 60 degrees of heat to the surface of any car I’m opting to go to my first idea of a white car. I also like for the car to appear larger and white does that best. Would have been better if I thought of this sooner but I never said I was smart . Just pretty lol

White can be very good. I really dig the way an Alpine white BMW E30 M3 looks.

I’m sure whatever you pick will look outstanding. I too really liked it in black but the bright red was a little 1980’s IMHO. I love to see the 71-73’s dripping in the 1970’s, or modern and clean. Can’t wait to see what you come up with.

White can be very good.  I really dig the way an Alpine white BMW E30 M3 looks.

I’m sure whatever you pick will look outstanding.  I too really liked it in black but the bright red was a little 1980’s IMHO.  I love to see the 71-73’s dripping in the 1970’s, or modern and clean.  Can’t wait to see what you come up with.
Alpine white is awesome isn’t it

Graphics lay out will be the same as I currently have it.

So I flipped the negative of the image to see what it might look like on my car specifically . Not the best image with glare and shine coming up as black and red showing as green but at a glance you get the idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great idea for sure my friend but you’ve mistaken me for someone that has money lol. Part of the reason this car is taking this long to complete is about controlling the bleeding lmao

Great idea for sure my friend but you’ve mistaken me for someone that has money lol. Part of the reason this car is taking this long to complete is about controlling the bleeding lmao
I know what you mean.

"restoration/mods" you see 9.9 out of 10 shows on TV, strip to bone and order all new, let others do all the work. Ain't the game to me.

Personally I respect way more something that was thought and made own hands with love. And so far that's exactly what you did and do!

As long as there is progress made, even small steps while piggy recovers, who cares how long it takes as long as you enjoy building it.

No money can buy this.

WellFabrice

I know what you mean.

"restoration/mods" you see 9.9 out of 10 shows on TV, strip to bone and order all new, let others do all the work. Ain't the game to me.

Personally I respect way more something that was thought and made own hands with love. And so far that's exactly what you did and do!

As long as there is progress made, even small steps while piggy recovers, who cares how long it takes as long as you enjoy building it.

No money can buy this.

Well said my friend.

I think that white (or any other light color) will make your work pop way more. I said it before that although it looks killer in black, the color hides most of your incredible design details. It camouflages scoops, openings, duckts etc.

A lighter color will put all these details forward.

Way to go! (Although it takes an awfull lot of balls to start again after investing this much work into a flawless paint job!)

I think that white (or any other light color) will make your work pop way more. I said it before that although it looks killer in black, the color hides most of your incredible design details. It camouflages scoops, openings, duckts etc.

A lighter color will put all these details forward.

Way to go! (Although it takes an awfull lot of balls to start again after investing this much work into a flawless paint job!)
Thanks buddy. Agreed. It will be more effective in showing some of the cool tweaks.  It’s an evolution for sure. I’m over the pain of wasted time and money, i think lol. I’m airways about forward motion and I know that if I wasn’t supposed to go through all this it wouldn’t have gone this way to begin with. I don’t tell the universe how it has to go. I just roll with it.

The other thing I’m working on right now is ME. Just turned 50 and found myself getting further out of shape and slowing down. Things like the car, I would tackle with such passion that I’d go morning to night and forget to eat anything. Don’t have that anymore. This winter stint I did yo get the car to this point was a marathon that took a lot out of me. I felt broken. I’m still to young to feel this way so I decided that my birthday gift to myself was to redesign myself. I got on a metabolic reset called iHEALTHe and banged off over 30 pounds in 6 weeks. Huge difference in my focus and energy. I’m on my second phase of this and expect to have nearly 60 pounds off by mid November since August 1st. Only 4 months and I’m back to my kickboxing weight of 185 from 245. To me this is worth mentioning because if I didn’t do this the car might have never got done. Also this may sound way out there but since I was a kid I used to see why people chose the cars they owned. The cars looked like them. I could see the persons face in the front end or the shape of their head or body is reflected in the shape or profile of the car. Kind of like that Fido commercial about owners looking like their dogs. It sounds nuts but I can still see similarities between owners and their cars. So in saying that, I’d rather my car was a widebody in a muscular way and not just FAT lmao.

Amazing how some of us more senior enthusiasts get carried away with our projects putting most of our time, effort and of course forever disappearing cash into our beloved hobbies and forgetting the importance of our health.

I too am going down this road and struggle at times to get under the car or work under the dash due to being overweight

Wife has me on a diet and lost 12 pounds in a few weeks. Already starting to feel better for it but a little further to go yet.

Sometimes we just need a reboot to get back on track.

Now all I need to do is win the lottery

Good luck with your repaint and certainly have much respect for those who do it themselves regardless of the outcome although yours is very inspiring

Amazing how some of us more senior enthusiasts get carried away with our projects putting most of our time, effort and of course forever disappearing cash into our beloved hobbies and forgetting the importance of our health.

I too am going down this road and struggle at times to get under the car or work under the dash due to being overweight

Wife has me on a diet and lost 12 pounds in a few weeks. Already starting to feel better for it but a little further to go yet.

Sometimes we just need a reboot to get back on track.

Now all I need to do is win the lottery

Good luck with your repaint and certainly have much respect for those who do it themselves regardless of the outcome although yours is very inspiring
Hey, congrats on feeling better. That’s a big deal. And on having a great wife that supports it. She wants you to stick around. I’m noticing that felling crappy is not just age but a combination of time passing without attention to details (our fuel ). Best news is as long your doing the right things our bodies bounce back far quicker than it takes to ruin them lol. Can’t comment on the lottery other that to say I hope the next one comes your way.

So true! We spend so much time and money on our cars to get them to a point where we like them the best but our health is secondary. Not eating all day or eating too much junk food. I treat my Mustang better than I treat myself by putting my needs off. I used to weigh 220 lbs that went up to 240 in my 30s now in my 50s and weighing 190 lbs I feel great and I'm fit despite the fact I have type 2 diabetes, runs in my family, no insulin just pills. Sucks and there'll be never a 100% cure for any diseases because drug companies would most likely go out of business. Sorry there guys, I wandered off too much from the topic!

Latest posts

Back