Winter sucks

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I honestly don't know how you live in the north. I guess if you were brought up there it becomes a way of life. I know Texas weather is not perfect especially not in Houston with the hot humid climate but I would rather be hot than cold.

FYI, Houston is the most air conditioned city in the nation. I guess when the weather is pleasant in the north we are cooking here in Houston.

One thing you have to admit though, we get to drive our classic Mustangs a whole lot more than "y'all"! OK, have to find my boots and cowboy hat so I can go check on my oil well now. That's what everyone up north thinks we have down here in Texas. LOL

By the way, I remember in the 80's we had lots of people moving from the northern states to go to work here in Houston. They might be real Texans by now. Also wanted to let you know, Texas is really big and we still have room for you if you want to move here!
I have family near Galveston TX and got to visit a few times. Loved it I would totally move down there. I hate it up here. 3years until retirement were going south probably NC. Outer banks. OBX here we come.

We were lucky here in North Texas this year too. First snow of the year this morning.
How often does that happen? and how long before it's gone?
It's been 68 years since we have had this much snow fall in March. I think they said 6 inches last night. It better be gone by this afternoon or I might have to move further South.

I just got back from spending a week in Colorado. Glad to be back to warm weather!

COLD.JPG

I hope this makes y'all feel better, but tomorrow I'm gonna mow my back yard 'cause the weeds are getting too high.

For those who live in the frozen tundra up north, you bitch in the summer about the mosquitoes and mowing the lawn, in autumn about having to rake leaves, in winter about the gawd-awful snow, and in spring about all of the mud. So why are you living there?

So what are we supposed to do, move to where we have to mow weeds & hope we don't get nailed by hurricanes? No thank's, I'll stay here & keep bitchin....lol. No matter where you are, you never know what mother nature will do.

I guess someone got to live up here. Right? I mean if we all move down south then y'all would be awfully crowded down there and then y'all would be bitchin about us Yankees again.
Naw...we use the term "illegal aliens" now for folks from the northern areas.:p

Spring is here. It going to be 48 degrees on Tuesday. Time to pull the cover of the car and start wrenching. Also time to start watching some baseball.

Go Tigers.

John J

I just got back from N.C. Outer banks yesterday the weather was great 70s all week. I got home to Mass to find more snow this morning. Winter still sucks and it's supposed to be spring.

I guess someone got to live up here. Right? I mean if we all move down south then y'all would be awfully crowded down there and then y'all would be bitchin about us Yankees again.
Naw...we use the term "illegal aliens" now for folks from the northern areas.:p
no that's legal Aliens for us folks from the north. I'm moving to N.C. OBX as soon as possible. I hope to be speaking southereze before my 65th birthday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back