WIPERS No worky - Help 1972

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 Fastback 351C M-Code 4v
My Wiper motor is good, I bench tested it 12v to the blue wire and it turns fine

My Wiper wash pump works when I push the Wiper switch button in

My Wiper switch will NOT engage the Wiper Motor when I turn the switch to the right SLOW or FAST.

Let me know what' my next move is. It seems like I would have to pull the whole dash board to change the Wiper switch.

You can change the switch without pulling the dash apart.
On my car, i changed the switch and the motor. Wipers still didn't work. The cause ended up being the ground for the motor was corroded. I pulled it off, hit it with a buffing wheel, and put it back on. Wipers magically worked.

Before and after.
1716644954735.png
1716644975422.png

1716645011703.png

Ford inadvertently created the automatic windshield wiper with this setup. I had left the wiper switch turned on one time. Then I was driving around in the rain. When the water came down and the ground strap got wet, it had enough conductivity to complete the circuit and the wipers turned on.

And thats the story of how I figured out the issue. :D Like 15yr after I had replaced the switch and my motor and then just given up on ever having working wipers.

You can change the switch without pulling the dash apart.
On my car, i changed the switch and the motor. Wipers still didn't work. The cause ended up being the ground for the motor was corroded. I pulled it off, hit it with a buffing wheel, and put it back on. Wipers magically worked.

Before and after.
View attachment 88976
View attachment 88977

View attachment 88978
giantpune where do you live in Georgia? I used to live in the Atlanta area and Lawrenceville for over 56 years.

Back