Wiring Harness

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darren 72

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1
Just wondering if anyone rewired their car with a universal main wiring harness. I'm toying with the idea of replacing all the wiring in the car. Its a rats nest. Not any time soon but was wondering how these kits adapt to all the stock connectors. Is it a hassle or is it relatively intuitive with some electrical knowledge?

Thanks,

D. Rolls

It'll be probably easier and cheaper to refurbish or replace what you have with Ford wiring. Plus, you'll have an easier time trouble-shooting it in the future if you stick with stock wiring. A full set (headlight, underdash, and tail-light) set of harnesses runs about $325 if you have cores; that price comes with a 2 year no questions asked warranty. Check out my website (http://midlife66.com/harnesses) for more information.

depends on what you need, if you're good with a stock wiring harness, then i would definantly contact midlife for that deal.. saves you a lot of work when its made to fit..

there's always more work involved with a universal harness

im almost done with a harness in my car ( i used a universal kit),.. it was a fair amount of work, but very happy with it..

cheers

Ben

How different is a '69/'70 mustang as far as wiring? Everyone makes a 67/68 and 69/70 kit.

How different is a '69/'70 mustang as far as wiring? Everyone makes a 67/68 and 69/70 kit.
Significantly different. The difference between 71-73 and 69-70 is similar to the difference between 67/68 and 69-70. A lot of the connections from the main harness changes from 70 and earlier transfers to the headlight harness once it passes out of the firewall. Connectors/plugs change throughout 71-73.

Just wondering if anyone rewired their car with a universal main wiring harness. I'm toying with the idea of replacing all the wiring in the car. Its a rats nest. Not any time soon but was wondering how these kits adapt to all the stock connectors. Is it a hassle or is it relatively intuitive with some electrical knowledge?

Thanks,

D. Rolls
I sent all of mine to Midlife for refurb, He is working on them now. I did have a friend install a Painless main wiring system in his 66 coupe. He said it was anything but painless. Required a firewall modification too. That's all I know!

Back