Worst hood paint ever

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hemikiller

Staff member
7173 Mustang Supporter Member
Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach 1
71 XR-7 hardtop
71 Country Squire
65 hardtop
Love the clean look of the gray custom mustang….(pictured above after The Rolling Stones one)…fender and hood extensions shaved clean, front valance reminiscent of 1969 camaro valance with the t/s light assemblies. Anyone know where there are more pictures of that build?

Love the clean look of the gray custom mustang….(pictured above after The Rolling Stones one)…fender and hood build extensions shaved clean, front valance reminiscent of 1969 camaro valance with the t/s light assemblies. Anyone know where there are more pictures of that build?
I think that's the Chip Foose build.

OK, we've all seen some bad NASA hood paint jobs. Most are pretty close, some are way off, but THIS one takes the cake. The clincher is the seller appears to be a body shop. He's asking for best offer over $25k. I wish him the best getting that much.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplac...wse_serp:c1bf4dcf-8ca7-4e2d-88ea-8ae1a4c6dd44
View attachment 79571
Yea, that is really bad. They would be better off just leaving the whole hood body color. I wonder how screwed up the rest of the car is.

Years ago, I was involved in a fender-bender that necessatated replacing my grille, hood and right front fender. I aquired a good used OEM hood and fender for the body shop to use, and prior to them doing the paint and bodywork, I decided to "customize " the weathered hood with a magic marker. Well, the boys in the body shop got a laugh...

Attachments

• IMG_3160.JPG
    IMG_3160.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
Sheriff41 is correct…MACH FOOSE mustang…car was commissioned by wealthy Japanese customer and when finished in 2017 and after the 2017 SEMA debut, it was sent to Japan

Last edited:
Yes you are right to point that out.
I hope the mechanic and the painter were not the same guy.
That pattern defiantly requires
Care , the satin/ matte black often gives painters fits too. When I bought my 71 Mach 1 the hood
Had like a crinkle matte charcoal
Texture but I had it repainted in a satin or semi gloss when it got damaged. They did an ok job but
You see so many different approaches that I was never sure what correct is supposed to look like.

Speaking of the Foose car,I don’t like the Foose car.
He did not appreciate the SR-71 inspired eccentricities of the 71-73 design. He thought he need to “fix” it by turning it into a more classic muscle 69-70 looking stang. He did a hell of a job but
Why not just start with a 70 to begin with? I guess he did create something unusual but I don’t think he succeeded in improving its body. Certainly a matter of opinion. These cars are an acquired taste. Most people would think it looks great I am just not one of them

OK, we've all seen some bad NASA hood paint jobs. Most are pretty close, some are way off, but THIS one takes the cake. The clincher is the seller appears to be a body shop. He's asking for best offer over $25k. I wish him the best getting that much.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplac...wse_serp:c1bf4dcf-8ca7-4e2d-88ea-8ae1a4c6dd44
View attachment 79571
Maybe he was trying to make an artistic statement with the asymmetrical look, maybe Picasso is one of his influences, lol.

Last edited:
Back