Worst hood paint ever

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of the Foose car,I don’t like the Foose car.
He did not appreciate the SR-71 inspired eccentricities of the 71-73 design. He thought he need to “fix” it by turning it into a more classic muscle 69-70 looking stang. He did a hell of a job but
Why not just start with a 70 to begin with? I guess he did create something unusual but I don’t think he succeeded in improving its body. Certainly a matter of opinion. These cars are an acquired taste. Most people would think it looks great I am just not one of them

I remember seeing an interview with Chip Foose, he said it was what the customer/owner of the car asked Chip to do to it.

Here is a hood that is not so much a bad paint schema design, but look at where the Dzus hood locks wound up. Someone did not get the memo about using the mount extensions that attach to the radiator support bracket. Such a shame. I would have been so ticked if someone did that to our Mach 1.

Attachments

• GoofyLookingDzusHoodLockLocation_20201208.jpg
    GoofyLookingDzusHoodLockLocation_20201208.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 0
  • GoofyLookingDzusHoodLockLocation_Annotat4ed_20201208.jpg
    GoofyLookingDzusHoodLockLocation_Annotat4ed_20201208.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 1
Here is a hood that is not so much a bad paint schema design, but look at where the Dzus hood locks wound up. Someone did not get the memo about using the mount extensions that attach to the radiator support bracket. Such a shame. I would have been so ticked if someone did that to our Mach 1.
I've got one like that, too. I guess they just put the hood pins straight down into the radiator support. then poked holes in the hood where they needed to be. Best part about it is they did it on the original flat hood. And then they did it again when they got themselves a NASA hood. So I ended up with 2 hoods with rogue hood pin holes.

1691597316832.png

Heh.

Ya getting it driving right is my main focus. 3 yr return from basket case. First drive in around 35 yrs was late January 2023.
I'm looking to take mine for it's first drive in 30 years also. I bet if felt good when you took that drive back in January.

I'm looking to take mine for it's first drive in 30 years also. I bet if felt good when you took that drive back in January.
Yes it did

I wish I had tested the power steering (didn’t work)

Was just a quick drive out of the garage to change it from backed in to nose in so I could work on installing the stuff firewall forward.

First drive

Good luck on your first drive.

Back