Worth it to sell C6 and related parts?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

giantpune

Reaction score
When I pulled my engine to rebuild it, I pulled the C6 transmission out, too. I'm fairly confident that I will never a transmission back in this car that does not have an overdrive. I thought about saving the C6 in case one of my other cars needs a transmission, but again, if I have to pull one out, I'm likely to replace it with something with an overdrive.

So that leaves me with a C6, flex plate, torque converter, spacer plate, crossmember, and cooler lines that I probably will never use. I'm not sure about the driveshaft and starter.

I'm trying to figure out what sort of value these parts have. Is it worth the trouble trying to sell them? I have hoarder tendencies. If I don't figure something out, I'm libel to have these parts sitting on my floor taking up space for the next 40 years. I dont do swap meets, and I'm probably not gonna box up a transmission to ship it to somebody on ebay.

Sure. The C6 is a robust transmission. The small block bolt pattern C6s are getting harder to find. West Coast Classic Cougar sells the case for $200. I'd advertise it on the Mustang, Cougar, Torino and Ranchero forums. Someone restoring their car to stock may be interested. You might get enough to buy those valve covers you were considering.

I would keep the c6 and invest in a gear vendors OD. That's what I did for my wives car. Then you have a transmission that you can NEVER blow up

Yep, I am thinking gear Vendors -superior to any other auto OD transmission. Next step up from there would be 5 speed (for fun fector....even without gervendor can be manually actuated as 6 speed )

Last edited:
Back