WOW Factor

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw this mean beastie parked out the front of my local auto parts store this morning. I wanted to get some close-up pics but I was afraid if I got too close it might bite me.

xccoupe1.jpg

xccoupe2.jpg

and just for a bit XB Falcon contrast, here is a couple of pics I found on the net of XB Falcon Ute's of the same vintage. Unlike their designer counterparts over in Holden, Ford decided to use the longer coupe doors for the ute instead of the shorter sedan doors - the resulting styling makes these utes look pretty nice when they are done up properly:

21128320001_large.jpg

forsale-1753a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Those "utes" are killer!

The one thing that just screams "MOPAR" is their grille with the vertical pillar in the middle bisecting it. The green ute´s grille looks like a Cuda.

Those "utes" are killer!

The one thing that just screams "MOPAR" is their grille with the vertical pillar in the middle bisecting it. The green ute´s grille looks like a Cuda.
And that's not the end of it either. Ford really went to town with each model of Falcon by covering five different purposes: sedan, coupe, ute, station wagon, and panel van.

If you think Max was Mad when they gave him an XB Coupe, imagine how extra cross he would have been if he'd been issued an XB family wagon instead....(plenty of room in the back for extra tanks of guzzoline and a couple of feral kids though I s'pose...)

014690621.jpg

5160314421_09d8fe4094.jpg

XB%20Falcon%20Wagon%20Advert.JPG

In 1979 though Ford left the sixties behind and replaced the XA-XC series with the fairly uncool looking and practical XD Falcon, and no Falcon coupes have been made since :(

std_1979_Ford_XD_Falcon_Australia.jpg

even then though there was still some fun to be had:

0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back