• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB 429 ROLLER

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

427heaven

Reaction score
My Car
1971 m code 4 speed Mach 1
Looking for a factory J code car as a possible roller. No rust buckets, missing engine and trans ok, body must be in fairly good shape. All cars considered, finders fee if contact info results in purchase of car!

Thanks I saw that one but its too far gone for me to bring that one back from the dead:(
Wow - no love for a matching numbers, titled, Marti'd, J-code 'rust-bucket.' I thought those things were rare and valuable or something. And to think that I'm resurrecting a worse-off lowly H-code...

Obviously, you're a wiser man than I. ;)

Thanks I saw that one but its too far gone for me to bring that one back from the dead:(
Wow - no love for a matching numbers, titled, Marti'd, J-code 'rust-bucket.' I thought those things were rare and valuable or something. And to think that I'm resurrecting a worse-off lowly H-code...

My HEUVOS must be shrinking in my old age:D My new outlook is if I slap, kick, or jump on a car and rust dust permeates the air or rust chunks fall off, its off to the crusher!;)

Looking for a factory J code car as a possible roller. No rust buckets, missing engine and trans ok, body must be in fairly good shape. All cars considered, finders fee if contact info results in purchase of car!
I have 5 71 - 429 Mach 1s (3 Js and 2 Cs), and would love to help you out, but that is what is going to keep me busy right after I retire in about 5 years!!! We are on the hunt for you to find you a good body (mine are pretty rusty, but have all the matching powertrains and parts) Mike

71 CJ Grabber Green2.jpg

71 CJ Lime1.jpg

71 CJ Green Interior.jpg

71 CJ Blue.jpg

71 429 White.jpg

I have 5 71 - 429 Mach 1s (3 Js and 2 Cs), and would love to help you out, but that is what is going to keep me busy right after I retire in about 5 years!!! We are on the hunt for you to find you a good body (mine are pretty rusty, but have all the matching powertrains and parts) Mike
Thanks for sharing, the red one looks like a tasty morsel;)

My HEUVOS must be shrinking in my old age:D My new outlook is if I slap, kick, or jump on a car and rust dust permeates the air or rust chunks fall off, its off to the crusher!;)
Nah - it's all about picking the right car for your project. Mine was kinda like a bad onion - didn't look too bad on the outside, but got worse as the layers came off.

Check out this early pic if you dare:

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/40659_151751284835798_890453_n.jpg

That was after the fourth or fifth time I'd swept up after hitting various things with an impact gun. Fortunately, the is no more rust falling anymore. Gotta start somewhere - and there weren't any others available in West Texas.

Hope you find your car soon!

Back