Looking for my old 73 Q Code Fastback

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1970boss

Reaction score
My Car
1970 Boss 302
1971 Mach-1
I am looking for my old car. Its a blue 73 Q code sportsroof. It was last seen in 1985 on Long Island in N.Y. I sold it to a local guy that moved to Pennsylvania in the late 80's. It was a 4-speed car loaded with options and a black interior. The car was mint when I sold it back in 85. I would love to own it again someday. The VIN is 3F02Q148550. I am hoping someone on this forum knows its whereabouts.

http://eznotice.com/notices/3566293

It is still out there, as of July 2012.

Given that it's a common plea court, it sounds as if the motion to involuntarily transfer title might be divorce-related.

-Kurt
WOW sounds like someone is in trouble

I have tried numerous times to have the car found by friends of mine that are cops. No Luck. I don't think it had current tags on it for quite sometime.

Looks as if this was in a divorce or some legal battle for sure. I am going to try and contact the person and see what happens. Thanks for the lead. I would LOVE to own it again...

Given that it's a common plea court, it sounds as if the motion to involuntarily transfer title might be divorce-related.

-Kurt

I have tried numerous times to have the car found by friends of mine that are cops. No Luck. I don't think it had current tags on it for quite sometime.

Looks as if this was in a divorce or some legal battle for sure. I am going to try and contact the person and see what happens. Thanks for the lead. I would LOVE to own it again...

-Kurt
Careful how you approach or the price just went up :p

I have called and left a message. So far I have not heard a thing back. I too am hoping for a happy ending. I would buy it back in any condition. It had the original motor/tranny when I sold it. I had changed the rear center section to a 3.50 posi. It came with a 3.25 open as it has factory A/C.

My Neighbor ordered the car new from the Ford dealer my Dad woked at. When my Neighbor wanted to sell it I bought it and drove it for many years. I had sellers remorse the minute it drove away and still do. I will keep everyone posted and THANKS for all the reply's.

I will see what I can find. I know I have a Marti report for it. Not sure about any photos. I had quite a bit of them but I believe they were lost when I moved. I will look again.

Post any old pics of the Mustang if you can.

Thanks everyone for the support on this. So far I have not heard anything back. I will try again tonight.

It really was a pretty cool car. I bought 5 new 15 inch Magnums from Ford when I first bought the car and mounted new BFGoodrich T/A Radials on it. I also painted it the exact factory color a year or so before I sold it. The car was perfect in every way. Anything I needed I could still order new from Ford. I remember ordering a new rear bumper too and putting it on as well as a new gas cap.

I have quite a bit of GREAT memories from that car. I grew up on Long Island and there was quite a bit of street racing going on back then. For those of you that know the Island there was a place on Saturday night on Deer Park ave. where all the Guys would meet. Well we would pair up at the light and make a U-Turn and then hit it. I was paired up with a red 71 Chevelle. It was probably a 350 car but I am not sure. Well anyway we made the U-turn and then hit it. I was out in front by a nose hitting 3rd gear and then the next thing I saw was Suffolk County's finest. Yes,I got pulled over,not the Chevelle. Don't know why? Well my Buddy John in the car had a Brother that was a Suffolk County Cop. Without Him I may have been in quite a bit of trouble. To make a long story short I got a ticket for failure to signal...Thats right,I did not signal left for my u-turn. Maybe the Chevell did?? I will never know. Today it would be a totally different story for sure. The memory is still very much alive. What a GREAT time to grow up.......

What a cool car to have,I can see why you want it back.

Thanks everyone for the support on this. So far I have not heard anything back. I will try again tonight.

It really was a pretty cool car. I bought 5 new 15 inch Magnums from Ford when I first bought the car and mounted new BFGoodrich T/A Radials on it. I also painted it the exact factory color a year or so before I sold it. The car was perfect in every way. Anything I needed I could still order new from Ford. I remember ordering a new rear bumper too and putting it on as well as a new gas cap.

I have quite a bit of GREAT memories from that car. I grew up on Long Island and there was quite a bit of street racing going on back then. For those of you that know the Island there was a place on Saturday night on Deer Park ave. where all the Guys would meet. Well we would pair up at the light and make a U-Turn and then hit it. I was paired up with a red 71 Chevelle. It was probably a 350 car but I am not sure. Well anyway we made the U-turn and then hit it. I was out in front by a nose hitting 3rd gear and then the next thing I saw was Suffolk County's finest. Yes,I got pulled over,not the Chevelle. Don't know why? Well my Buddy John in the car had a Brother that was a Suffolk County Cop. Without Him I may have been in quite a bit of trouble. To make a long story short I got a ticket for failure to signal...Thats right,I did not signal left for my u-turn. Maybe the Chevell did?? I will never know. Today it would be a totally different story for sure. The memory is still very much alive. What a GREAT time to grow up.......
Fellow L.I.er here..Used to run my Q code..At fountain ave Brooklyn..& I did race a few times out on Deer Park ave..See My Thread here about street racing in N.Y.

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-what-i-used-to-do-with-my-mustang

Really interesting thread. I hope you are successful in re-acquiring your 73 Sportsroof. The Marti shows the car to be a rare one.

Ray

I was out in front by a nose hitting 3rd gear and then the next thing I saw was Suffolk County's finest. Yes,I got pulled over,not the Chevelle. Don't know why?
Officer was a Chevy guy :whistling:

-Kurt

Back