Tail light Panel Center support

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Convertable
302 v2 FMX 2.79 rear end
the tail light panel center support, was not mounted properly, it was brazed on in a strange angle, but it worked.

now that I have redone the whole trunk, I want to install it the proper way, but I cant seam to find any pictures that have a clear veiw of it, and how it mounts.

if someone can take a few pictures and post them, it would be greatly apriciated.

Thanks

Iyman.

20130409_195535.jpg

I checked my photo library and this is the best I can do . If no one else has any I'll try and snap some tomorrow.

http://s349.photobucket.com/user/Mi...onvert First Paint Since 73/DSCF8199.jpg.html

DSCF8199.jpg

ok, that makes sense, the car was hit in the back at one time, and they cut the tabs that get sandwiches in between the trunk floor, and the tail panel.

it looks like I will have to work around that.

THanks guys :)

It is crucial to meet the correct height when re-installing it. When it sits half an inch to deep, the adjustment holes in the stiker will not be sufficient to move it far enough up to make the latch snap in when it is bolted back in place.

I had this on my Mach 1 and I realized it after restoration in final assembly of the car. To avoid taking the support out again, weld and paint again, I made the adjustment slots in the striker a little longer to move it a little more upwards.

It worked...

Dont run into this. Measure twice and triple before taking things apart and weld them back together!

Michael

Last edited by a moderator:
Back