1971 Mach 1 M-code C6, Oct 9, 1970 build date

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don65Stang

Reaction score
My Car
Several.
This is my favorite Mach 1 in the corral but unfortunately it is pretty rusty due to spending most of its time in the northeast with their salted roads in the winter. The body is solid but it needs cowl, floors, radiator support, battery apron and right rear frame rail but one day this car will be my daily driver. :D

It came with my favorite options from the factory. Adding A/C and an overdrive (probably a 4R70W or possibly a five-speed) will make it perfect.

The factory Ram Air, Tu-tone hood and a color change to medium blue metallic will compliment a white sport interior. Front and rear spoiler, rear window slats but no hockey stripes (didn't have them from the factory) with either dog dish and 15" trim rings on steelies or 17" wheels similar to the Cragars that's on it now will complete the package for a nice, clean look.

Built: October 9, 1970

3.50 Traction-Lok Axle Ratio

C-6 Select Shift Cruise-O-Matic

Options include:

Delete Automatic Seat Back Release

C-6 Select Shift Cruise-O-Matic

Optional Axle Ratio

Traction-Lok Differential

F70x14 Wide Oval Belted Raised White Letter Tires

Convenience Group

Power Steering

Tilt Steering Wheel

Mach 1 Sport Interior

Sport Deck Rear Seat

Power Front Disc Brakes

Ram Air Option

Rear Window Electric Defrost

AM Radio

Deluxe Belts/Warning Light

Tachometer

Hi Don-

Kind of new here, but not to the Mustangs. I just picked up a 1 of 1 71 sportsroof that oddly enough, was built the same day and same plant as your car. My vin ends with 23495. Couldn't be too far apart.

Don, I have a stripped - but repaired roughly in one spot - radiator support. Let me know if you'd like to swing by and look at it when you're down here in Miami.

-Kurt

Back