Any cars sold originally in Oklahoma?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Boss 351
1971 Mustang Sportsroof
1972 Q Code 4-speed conv.
If anyone has a car that was sold originally in Oklahoma, I would like to offer assistance concerning the dealerships.

I can search for advertising and information on the town/dealership.

The Marti report and or the factory invoice/Monroney/Window Sticker will

show the selling dealership name and location.

Please contact me. I enjoy the research and usually have good luck.

By the way - I do not charge anything for this.

I hope I can help out a few of our members.

Ray

This may seem sacrilegious for a 71-73 forum, but my 69 convertible is an OK car. Marti report has it sold thru Pugh Holmes Motor Co, 9101 N. Western, Oklahoma City 73114. Car was built 3/28/69 and sold 4/19/69. Although I have completely restored it (light restomod), it only has 56K original miles on it. I'm not sure how many owner's its gone thru, but it was pretty well cared for. It ended up in Liberal, KS which is where I took possession and drove it back to WNY in April 2004.

This may seem sacrilegious for a 71-73 forum, but my 69 convertible is an OK car. Marti report has it sold thru Pugh Holmes Motor Co, 9101 N. Western, Oklahoma City 73114. Car was built 3/28/69 and sold 4/19/69. Although I have completely restored it (light restomod), it only has 56K original miles on it. I'm not sure how many owner's its gone thru, but it was pretty well cared for. It ended up in Liberal, KS which is where I took possession and drove it back to WNY in April 2004.

I definitely remember Pugh Homes Ford. Let me see what I can come up with... And no problem with it being a non 71-3 car. I will probably pick and chose which ones that are non-Mustang though.

Ray

Not sure where mine came from but I am guessing from Missouri, Kansas, or Oklahoma. Can you find out without a Marti report?
-The"Eminger" invoice,which is just like one provided by Marti...

Other than talking to previous owners or doing a title search in the states where you suspect the car to have been sold (can get expensive), your options to discover where your car was originally sold are few.

I have heard of guys finding dealer paperwork when disassembling the interior. Paperwork can get under or beside the seats, and sometimes under the edge of the carpet. Some have found the dealer name attached to the trunk lid by sticker or metal script.

An old sticker might show if already stripping paint from the trunk, sanding and possibly exposing the sticker. I'd say this is a huge long shot but definitely a possibility.

I'd say a Marti report is a lot easier! :D

Ray

Bill - I can't promise anything but just mentioned Pugh Holmes Ford to an old friend. I learned that he knows a guy who was a mechanic there for a few years. Nothing to report more than that yet - but hey, I sure am trying!

Hang in there, something will turn up.

Ray

Thanks Ray: from my Marti report it does not appear to have spent a lot of time on the lot. The only thing unusual about it is the color combo - body was New Lime, interior was Dark Ivy Gold. Only 310 built with this color combo.

69 WaldorfShow.jpg

Thanks Ray: from my Marti report it does not appear to have spent a lot of time on the lot. The only thing unusual about it is the color combo - body was New Lime, interior was Dark Ivy Gold. Only 310 built with this color combo.
Impressive car and color combo. It is close to Springtime Yellow with Black interior - one of my favorites for Classic Mustangs.

While not a Mustang, my mother drove a 1965 SS Impala that was that light/pale yellow with black interior. That was one of her favorite cars- definitely her favorite color choices.

The following pic is not her car but is similar. (Her car's stance was more stock not dropped in back-raised in front as this one. Noticed the 70 Monte Carlo parked on the street - dad had an SS 454 version briefly. He bought it to sell... cool car too.

1965_chevrolet_impala.jpg

Ray

Thanks for the compliments....the color seen in the pic under the hood is close to the true color....you would not believe how many folks who ask: what color is that? When asked to describe it I usually respond with - kind of a very light cream yellow with a green tint ....some folks have said it reminds them of celery - LOL.

Although my 73 vert has been the pride and joy of the stable since 1994, the 69 holds a special place. The restomod aspect includes original 302 engine converted to multiport fuel injection (Accel Gen 7), AOD, Eaton 3:55 Tru-trak, global west subframe, R&P steering, SSBC power disc brake conversion from manual drums, LED sequential taillights, HID headlights and a lot of other improvements / detail work. The exterior and interior are concours in appearance. Its not until you open the hood or look underneath that you may notice the restomod work. I took great pains to detail the engine compartment to stock finish wherever possible. Took approx 8 years from start to finish.

I had a real problem at a Grand National MCA show a few years back. I was in (appropriately) Trailered Modified class. The head of the judging team walked by the car not realizing it was the one they were supposed to judge. After notifying him this was the car he was looking for, he gazed at the engine compartment for awhile and turned to me to say: "What's modified? This class is supposed to have modifications to the vehicle!" He would not accept the written list of modifications I had prepared (big mistake on his part since they are supposed to review it) and asked me to just tell him whatever changes had been made. In the end they never recognized (or want to ) 50% of the modifications and told me it did not look modified enough to be a top contender in the class. So aside from the upcoming 50th where I will be joining any of the 7173mustangs.com group down in Charlotte with my 73 vert, I parted ways with the MCA (there is more to the story, but its not worth going into here).

Anyway, some days it becomes a real decision on what car to drive since they both have their outstanding points. It's taken a lot of time and effort and spare change over the years, but to me, the journey to the project completion is as much fun as cruising around in the (as much as possible since they are never completely done) finished car. In that sense I'm really, really fortunate. Again, thanks for the compliments.

Mine is from Fred Jones Ford of Oklahoma City
Cool. I have a lot of stuff from there already. PM me so I can hook you up!

Was a great dealership and even had their own Ford Drag Team for a while.

The old performance coordinator was Jerry Baker - later drove for Polaris Drag Team out of Michigan. Myself and my family bought many vehicles there. Many parts too! Remember sitting in a Boss 429 on showroom floor. Cousin's husband was salesman there for more than 25 years.

Ray

Back