Oregon Mach 1 Find

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Empty Stable Currently
Car does look good but needs to lose the chrome hood trim and the hood blackout needs to be corrected. Shorten the nose of the backout and maybe add the 1/4 inch black surrounding stripe. I know some like it that way but blacked out hoods always look very "unfinished" to me without the surrounding stripe.

I see he has corrected the year error but be watchful for showing "1973 " on the title for one appearing to be a 1972 ... Unfortunately I see that way too often!

Ray

That car is an anomaly.

Half of it is restored to a high standard (look at those fender-to-hood gaps), and the other half are the typical results of a bad DIY mechanic (My favorite: For lack of the proper 2-spoke wheel, a full-size Ford wheel has been shoved onto the Mustang column).

Sold a bit high, but it's a good starting point. One could buy a $15k car and get around half of the small problems this one has though.

-Kurt

Nice car but shouldn't a Mach1 have the deluxe door panels inside?
From what I understand a Mach 1 can have a base level interior. >>>

From the 71 Mustang Facts Book in our WIKI:

INTERIOR

Standard Mach I interior includes all the features in the base SportsRoof interior. In 1971 a unique Mach I Sports Interior option will be available on all SportsRoof models. This option includes:

• Deluxe instrument panel featuring black appliques with simulated woodtone applique on center

console por tion

• "OIL", "AMP", and "TEMP" gauges in center console portion of instrument panel

• Deluxe two-spoke steering wheel with simulated woodtone insert

• Knitted vinyl high-back bucket seats with vertical accent stripes

• Color-keyed molded door trim panels with integral pull handle and arm rest. A simulated wood tone applique framed by bright metal on the upper por­tion of the door. The lower portion of the door

is cov­ered with carpet.

• Color-keyed carpet features deep embossed carpet runners in the driver and front passenger area

• Electric clock located in the left instrument cluster pod

• Bright metal frame around accelerator, brake, brake release and clutch pedals

• Rear seat ash tray located in right quarter panel

I don't think the 72 and 73 is much different (if any)...

Ray

Ray

Ha...Some one stole my stang and put standerd interior with roll up windows!! ;) My hood look familar? hehehe ..Mine atleast has the pin striping around it..But i do have the red nostrils just like that on mine...What is up with west coast stangs and our painted nostrils? hehe...I kinda like mine after all thse years...But i would defenatly have to put some pin striping on that hood.

Yup we use to have a mach 1 with standard interior...Pretty sure it was factory too...I was only 7 years old at the time..lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Standard interior was available on the Mach 1. My M-code has such; right down to the base steering wheel.

But i would defenatly have to put some pin striping on that hood.
Look closely - it has two thick, gloss-black "pinstripes" running across the side of the satin blackout. I can't imagine who greenlighted that and thought it an acceptable look:

$_57.JPG

Looks to me as if it had a red hood with a different, gloss blackout treatment below it, and - in lieu of repainting the entire hood - re-shot it in satin leaving the remnants of the gloss blackout present.

Eeeugh.

-Kurt

yep, 72 front grill so if being sold for as 73 or 73 vin there is an inconsistency-i would look at serial numbers if any match the year on the vin as well if the decal for accessories located on inner frame of door or....justifies @ a large percentage of price reduction to make a do over as may have a problem of getting it through a state inspection or qualify even if you are taking it to a exempt state inspection state. Ie, if seller passes it off as 1-2-or even as low as 3 condition, your discretion on purchase but sounds like you need to take time away from the transaction to right off see if it has a clean debt free title. If seller objects to your taking time to think about buyingw it trying to make the interaction as an on the spot forced sale it would be easier to walk away from it as their are others out their. As for being able to back out of accepting the car in any manner of time, there is no rights of the buyer of this condition. You basically purchase it as an 'as is' transaction.if it smells like crap it must be crap so at that point walk away from it.

Standard interior was available on the Mach 1. My M-code has such; right down to the base steering wheel.

But i would defenatly have to put some pin striping on that hood.
Look closely - it has two thick, gloss-black "pinstripes" running across the side of the satin blackout. I can't imagine who greenlighted that and thought it an acceptable look:

$_57.JPG

Looks to me as if it had a red hood with a different, gloss blackout treatment below it, and - in lieu of repainting the entire hood - re-shot it in satin leaving the remnants of the gloss blackout present.

Eeeugh.

-Kurt

anybody else notice the ram-air decals on the scoops?

-3K73

Last edited by a moderator:
Back