Under dash wiring

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Fastback
2017 Fastback
Today we very close to first start. Most of the electrical is working but we ran into a small snag when it came to the wiring above the glove box.

Can anyone identify the plug that looks to have a green wire and two brown? We figured out the rest.
yga7e4en.jpg

Do you have console clock?

mike
No and I think this would be in the wrong place. This is the area above the glove box where all the various relays bolt into same area as the glove box light (is it the light?). It is in the same area as the flasher or hazard (not sure which one it is).

Ok I'm an idiot. I attached the wrong picture. Here is the one I meant to post. Again it is the plug with three wires.
ynezu3ab.jpg
Yellow is power to circuit breaker for A/C; green is A/C output from circuit breaker; third plug is not part of main underdash harness, but is probably part of the clock or map light harness.

Ok I'm an idiot. I attached the wrong picture. Here is the one I meant to post. Again it is the plug with three wires.
ynezu3ab.jpg
Yellow is power to circuit breaker for A/C; green is A/C output from circuit breaker; third plug is not part of main underdash harness, but is probably part of the clock or map light harness.
Ok that is odd. The harness is original to the car and has not been spliced. I thought it was too far away to be either the clock or map light. It did cross my mind that it could have been an unused option, similar to the courtesy light plugs, but the car never had the lights.

How about the glove box light?

Not map lt or clock in that area

This is a 72 harness

001.JPG

002.JPG

Is this a 1971? I have a two prong plug, brown and green/red dots that I have identified for parking lamp power and parking brake warning lights. This plug disappears in 72 and 73.

Is this a 1971? I have a two prong plug, brown and green/red dots that I have identified for parking lamp power and parking brake warning lights. This plug disappears in 72 and 73.
It is an early 71. I don't see the other end. As a side note, I have not gotten my side markers to light up yet.

I found this pic online. Look behind the flasher, does that look like the same plug?
8eqe8y7y.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The side marker light is a power line to a relay, I believe, that warns you that you have left your lights on.

Back