rocker panel instal help

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharpstang72

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Convertible
351C 2v, 4bbl,FMX, 9" Rear 3.50 gears
Hi, my car is almost finished & I need to install the rocker panels. Any idea or suggestions? Should I tackle it myself or pay someone? I know you need a rivet gun n good measurement.

Thanks,

72 conv.

Hi, my car is almost finished & I need to install the rocker panels. Any idea or suggestions? Should I tackle it myself or pay someone? I know you need a rivet gun n good measurement.

Thanks,

72 conv.
part 1 of my answer to this.

is just the outer rocker bad?? do you have any pics of the problem?? also do you have a mig welder??

Thanks,

72 conv.
Sharpstang, I try to say hi to all new members but noticed you didn't do an into post. Please make a post on the introduction section so we can say properly say Welcome! and make the usual remarks about wanting to see pics of your car. :D

Thanks,

72 conv.
Rivet gun ::huh::: Do you mean the rocker panel moldings ?

Yea. It goes along the side at the bottom. Below the door.

Thanks

Thanks
Best bet if it's a fresh paint job & still at the shop..Let them do it...One slip & there goes your fresh paint..One key thing..MAKE SURE TO HAVE THEM DAB A ZINC RICH PRIMER (weld through primer sprayed in a paint cap ) in every hole they drill...Then when the rivets are being installed each rivet should be dipped in the same primer right before being used..

Hey, the car is already home and now its all up to me or back to some shop.

Thanks anyway.

Thanks
Best bet if it's a fresh paint job & still at the shop..Let them do it...One slip & there goes your fresh paint..One key thing..MAKE SURE TO HAVE THEM DAB A ZINC RICH PRIMER (weld through primer sprayed in a paint cap ) in every hole they drill...Then when the rivets are being installed each rivet should be dipped in the same primer right before being used..

Back