ving the distributor

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tlicitra

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Fastback
Total rookie question here, so please excuse my stupidity. I'm trying to pull the dizzy out of my sons 351C. I've read you need to remove the hold down, which I've done, and a bolt. Where is the bolt located? Photos or a diagram would be really helpful. I'm upgrading to an MSD distributor and need to pull the original. Thanks all!!!

Total rookie question here, so please excuse my stupidity. I'm trying to pull the dizzy out of my sons 351C. I've read you need to remove the hold down, which I've done, and a bolt. Where is the bolt located? Photos or a diagram would be really helpful. I'm upgrading to an MSD distributor and need to pull the original. Thanks all!!!
Are you referring to the bolt that holds the clamp? You need to remove these 2 pieces to remove the distributor.

$(KGrHqR,!rgFCD(T!CmPBQuTUgd26!~~60_35.jpg

The only bolt is the one on the hold down. It's common for them to become stuck after years of not being moved. Spray some good penetrating oil around the base and let it set for a while and spray some more. After a day or two it may loosen up. A pair of water pump pliers or a strap wrench and tapping with a rubber mallet may help. Because they are pot metal they will break if you apply too much effort to them.

Back