Frustration, then Relief

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Convertible
351C 4v
I capped an incredibly frustrating day of working on my Mustang, without really making any progress, with a nice drive on a beautiful day here in Seattle. My better half and I cruised around the city and all was going well until my car limped to the side of the road with no throttle response. What else can go wrong today? I'm not a great mechanic by any means but I opened up the hood and discovered the throttle linkage nut had come off and gone missing. @@#$%. But I was able to McGyver my way out of this by stuffing the throttle cable bolt into a hole on the throttle plate that was a little smaller and it stuck long enough to get home. At least my wife was impressed that I could figure it out and get us home. Once home I found a nut that fit, and fixed it myself without having to spend a penny! Its kind of funny the highs and lows we run into with our hobby can be depending on the running state of our vehicle, and the ability to solve our problems ourselves. For me thats the fun part and what keeps me going. What a day.:D

Scott

I was talking to my pal Greg (in Seattle) and we were commenting on the irony of the day: nice, sunny day in Seattle while raining like a big-dawg in West Texas.

Glad you got things sorted out and saved the day! ::thumb::

Wow that is one of the most part of having a good old car. You never know what to expect [sMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES] But I am glad you did a great thing [WINKING FACE] So you did get home [HOUSE WITH GARDEN]. But I remember when I did drive to a friends house last year. The car did decide to not blinking to right! But it would do it for the left. [FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND COLD SWEAT][sMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES] But there was nothing wrong on my way home [HOUSE WITH GARDEN] Regards Lars

Sendt fra min E2303 med Tapatalk

I think some of your Luck came my way. I had this reply to my email today

"Steve,

A customer support staff member has replied to your support request, #706556 with the following response:

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your enquiry.

Apologies for the delay with your order. I can confirm that the parts will be arriving within the next 7 days and will forwarded on to you immediately.

Many thanks,

Jen

:bravo:

I capped an incredibly frustrating day of working on my Mustang, without really making any progress, with a nice drive on a beautiful day here in Seattle. My better half and I cruised around the city and all was going well until my car limped to the side of the road with no throttle response. What else can go wrong today? I'm not a great mechanic by any means but I opened up the hood and discovered the throttle linkage nut had come off and gone missing. @@#$%. But I was able to McGyver my way out of this by stuffing the throttle cable bolt into a hole on the throttle plate that was a little smaller and it stuck long enough to get home. At least my wife was impressed that I could figure it out and get us home. Once home I found a nut that fit, and fixed it myself without having to spend a penny! Its kind of funny the highs and lows we run into with our hobby can be depending on the running state of our vehicle, and the ability to solve our problems ourselves. For me thats the fun part and what keeps me going. What a day.:D

Scott
You had me worried there for a minute...

Yesterday I took my sportster out to meet friends that were traveling through town and ride in with them. Made the 100 miles to the meet up point nice and early, had a late breakfast, went out and the battery on the bike was dead.

Popped in in second gear, duck walked it a bit and popped the clutch. Over the course of the day I started the bike that way 5-6 times. Friends had to chuckle, but admitted that if it had been either of their much new and much heavier rides, that they would have been stranded.

It is always a good thing to learn enough to diagnose a problem and have a quick work around in mind.

Back