New owner in Utah

sasquatch20

I've loved Mustangs since I was a kid, and 71-73 have been my dream car since the first time I layed eyes on a 71 Boss 351 in a mustang book I got. I hadn't considered a convertible until the opportunity presented itself for me to own 1 (I liked the look of them but thought i'd have a sport roof ). I just bought a 1972 Mustang Convertible with 351 2V, power windows, and factory ac, and am loving it. It has just over 43k original miles (a tiny rust spot behind the drivers rear wheel is all I could find) and has been in the same family since new.

Welcome to the site. Sounds like a great find.

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

Hello from Mississippi. Congratulations on not only acquiring your dream car, but a convertible also! Lots of experience and knowledge here and members willing to help with any questions you might have. Welcome to your new Mustang home!

Steve

No Officer...I really don't know how fast I was going, my speedometer stopped at 140!

Howdy from Phoenix! I would love to see some pictures. I had a 73 Mach 1 that was totalled and I replaced it with a convertible. These were my first and second cars.

While I miss the coolness of the sports roof and the uniquness of the fold down rear seat I do have to admit that I love driving with the top down. Here is Phoenix the weather is just starting to turn nice. ;)

I am trying to wind COTM for October, take a look and vote for me! http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-cotm--27397

Also, we are always looking for submissions for COTM. http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-cotm-spotlight-submissions

'Mike'

73 Convertible - 351C/4V CC heads/4bolt/forged flat tops/comp 270/rhodes/mallory unilite/tri-power/hookers/glasspacks/c6/3.50 limited slip/Gear Vendors/Global West sub frames, strut rods and shelby style traction bars/ Rear sway bar/tilt steering (not original)

Pics of modifications included in: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-convertible--3335]My Garage[/button]

Glad the deal went through. Welcome to the herd. A word of caution if you try to remove the power window bezels please find something that explains how to do it. If you simply pry them off you break the clips that are not available. They are like gold will get back on repo for them soon during the winter. You have to slide a thin scale under the chrome bezel in a certain area to release the clip and they come right off otherwise they break.

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

Welcome from Oklahoma.

Nice to see an original Decor Group car with the correct hood and correct (no sidestripes) look.

Ray

1971 Boss 351  

1972 Q code 4 speed convertible 

1971 Mustang Sportsroof  351-2V FMX 

1971 Hardtop (parts car)

1973 Mach 1 (parts car)

Welcome from TriCities WA.

-john

(jbojo)

351C 4V cc heads, 10.5 : 1 CR, 290 Herbert cam, Flat top forged pistons, forged connecting rods, Atomic efi,

C6 with Gear Vendor overdrive, 3.89 Tru Trac, Hooker Super Comp with 2 1/2" Pypes Exhaust.        

Some Mod pictures can be seen at: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=2026]Bojo's Garage[/button]

Welcome from West TN. You have joined the most informed and family friendly site for the 71-73 mustangs. We have very knowledgeable folks in a lot of areas here to help with questions and welcome anything you can contribute to site as well. That is a great looking low mileage car. On a separate note are you close to Ogden? My car was originally ordered and sold through Ogden Ford at 3330 Wall Ave in Ogden. The dealership was sold to Westfield Ford many years ago, but I think the building is still there as a tire shop. Someday I would love to find some old Ogden Ford memorabilia. Tried a Craigslist ad with no luck. If you are near that area PM me. I would really appreciate some local contacts to help me find something from the old dealership.

BKDunha

72 Mach 1 H-Code (Concourse driven restoration)

67 S-Code Factory GT with 4-Spd

68 Mercury Cyclone (Pro-Street project)

I'm about an hour south of Ogden, but my parents live 15 minutes from there (I have 2 brothers even closer to Ogden). I'll keep an eye out and ask them to do the same. What kind of stuff are you looking for?

Anything from Ogden Ford. I was told there was a junkyard in the area with a lot of old fords in it. It would be REALLY cool to find one of the dealer emblems they attach to the decklid when they sold a car. If they have any luck finding any Ogden Ford memorabilia I would greatly appreciate it. That would be really cool to display with the car.

BKDunha

72 Mach 1 H-Code (Concourse driven restoration)

67 S-Code Factory GT with 4-Spd

68 Mercury Cyclone (Pro-Street project)