pretty clean '84 SVO for sale

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O. M. G. I SO wish I had the space for this. I love SVOs. ::thumb::

That, is a helluva price on that car. High miles, sure... but it looks extremely well-maintained. Wow... nice car. :chin:

86 is more desirable than the lower horsepower 84, but the 85 1/2 at 205 horse is just just tons more fun, rarer and far more desirable. Loved my 85 1/2!!

Oh yes I remember it well !!!

My buddy had that exact car new in 84. I especially recall the early am speeding ticket clocking me at 100 plus after a nite of clubing......

Luckily, I only got a summons for 90mph !!! I know I was slowing down considerably when he clicked me with radar.

Thanks, Jay

I have an 85 and they are a fun car. When new they cost way more than a v-8 GT so did not sell too good. They do handle great.

If anyone is serious about really wanting one go to the Atlanta cl and do a search. I was on there a week or so ago and there were a couple low mile originals with good price. There was another that had two extra engines and and extra T-5 for less than this car but not as nice.

The 84 did not have the extra turbo cooling added in 85.5 and 86 so they did not last as long. I added the extra cooling to my 85 when I changed the turbo.

That is a sickening feeling when you hear that turbo blade start singing against the housing. Once it touches it is done.

Only think I did not like was the leather seats cold in winter hot in summer. I hate leather would rather have cloth any day.

For those that have one there were Ford disc brake pads on eBay not too long ago for $10.00 a set for fronts. I got two sets. They were the same as some Lincoln models. The lower control arms are the forged ones used on Lincoln also not stamped like regular Mustang was. I recall they pulled .9 g on skid pad.

I know we had discussed the SVO earlier when 73429mach was looking for some seats. Am trying not to cause Eric too much grief, as I believe he is still Jonesin' for one!

They were all great cars, but the 85 1/2 and 86 were really at the top of their game. These models had larger or upgraded camshaft, turbo, fuel injectors, intercooler, and intake. They also received true dual exhaust and quad rear shocks which replaced the slapper style traction bars. They also were the first fox Mustang to receive 5 lug wheels and the first production Mustang to have 4 wheel disc brakes. There was a fuel calibration switch on the console that allowed you to select between a standard and premium setting so you can run a EEC IV limited 15 PSI boost.

The Competition Prep package deleted the lamp group, trunk lamp, electric windows, power locks, radio (replaced with a delete plate and an antenna plug for the fender) and A/C.

Unfortunately at the time these cars were being built your manhood was still being measured by your red light to red light performance. They could do everything better than just about anything out there, just couldn't get it done at the red light against a V8 Mustang or Camaro. One of our shop techs had just performed a tune up on a 86 SVO and told me that my 85 GT would outrun it, but for me not to miss a gear or it would be all over for me!

The biggest disadvantage to the SVO was a much higher list price when compared to the GT's. It's really kind of sad that a lot of people will never know what an amazing car this was!

I know we had discussed the SVO earlier when 73429mach was looking for some seats. Am trying not to cause Eric too much grief, as I believe he is still Jonesin' for one!

They were all great cars, but the 85 1/2 and 86 were really at the top of their game. These models had larger or upgraded camshaft, turbo, fuel injectors, intercooler, and intake. They also received true dual exhaust and quad rear shocks which replaced the slapper style traction bars. They also were the first fox Mustang to receive 5 lug wheels and the first production Mustang to have 4 wheel disc brakes. There was a fuel calibration switch on the console that allowed you to select between a standard and premium setting so you can run a EEC IV limited 15 PSI boost.

The Competition Prep package deleted the lamp group, trunk lamp, electric windows, power locks, radio (replaced with a delete plate and an antenna plug for the fender) and A/C.

Unfortunately at the time these cars were being built your manhood was still being measured by your red light to red light performance. They could do everything better than just about anything out there, just couldn't get it done at the red light against a V8 Mustang or Camaro. One of our shop techs had just performed a tune up on a 86 SVO and told me that my 85 GT would outrun it, but for me not to miss a gear or it would be all over for me!

The biggest disadvantage to the SVO was a much higher list price when compared to the GT's. It's really kind of sad that a lot of people will never know what an amazing car this was!
Steve,

One other delete option they had was for the upper wing on the Bi wing spoiler. I thought that was one of the things that made them look different.

I went to look and the two in Atlanta are gone. Take a look at this one. http://gadsden.craigslist.org/cto/5885057410.html

Has been on cl off an on a couple years. 520 rear wheel HP on dyno, 170 mph top speed. Says it will outrun a Z06 on track. Runs 28 lbs. of boost runs in SCCA.

That would be a hoot to drive I am sure. That would get you red light to red light pretty good, lol. Street legal also.

I went to look and the two in Atlanta are gone. Take a look at this one. http://gadsden.craigslist.org/cto/5885057410.html

Has been on cl off an on a couple years. 520 rear wheel HP on dyno, 170 mph top speed. Says it will outrun a Z06 on track. Runs 28 lbs. of boost runs in SCCA.

That would be a hoot to drive I am sure. That would get you red light to red light pretty good, lol. Street legal also.
would make a cool DD or street sleeper. take off all the stickers and surprise some people::thumb::

Yep David, seems like you either loved or hated the bi wing spoiler. You could delete order the bi wing and then you would receive the 85-86 style GT rear spoiler. We had a few customers that were racing them in SCCA. One was running a SHO Taurus but was going through brake pads like crazy and at the time stock pads were all we could get.

The tech I referred to earlier was a 429 nut and helped me a lot with my 429 Gran Torino, but was really impressed with the SVO. Since he had driven my 85 GT and the SVO, he knew my car was really strong, but it would be all over with if I missed a gear! LOL

Agree, take the stickers off and surprise ALOT of people! :p

Back