New year, new member!

Well, sort of a new member. I've been lurking since September, getting to know my way around the boards. Purchased a '71 Mach 1 in early November, black with argent hockey stripes, and it's taken about a month to wind its way from Detroit to southern Ontario, Canada where I reside. I'll upload a few pics of it in a future post.

The Beast belonged to a rich guy with a collection who had to sell a few dust-gatherers post-divorce. He provided me with little to no info on the car, but my basic Marti tells me it's a very early production (August 14, 1970) 351C M-code. VIN 1F05M101779. I've pulled the motor since it appears the Beast was a garage queen; I'm going to have it rebuilt and update the factory air at the same time.

I'm impressed with the friendilness and depth of knowledge everyone displays on this site. Kudos to you all. I'm sure I'll need lots of advice as I update the Beast for active duty, and 7173stangs is the best website I've come across for that. I'd like to transform her into a warm-weather driver with lots of trips to shows and meet-ups and burgers and beers. Hope to meet as many of you as I can in the future!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Barry

Deal. I'll buy the first round. Save your bills for when we hit the peeler bars later on.:D

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Barry

Welcome from Western Washington! Look forward to future pics!!

movie stars with addictions go to the Betty Ford clinic,

I take my addiction to the Henry Ford clinic.lollerz

Welcome from Oklahoma. Post up some pics when ya can!

Ray

1971 Boss 351  

1972 Q code 4 speed convertible 

1971 Mustang Sportsroof  351-2V FMX 

1971 Hardtop (parts car)

1973 Mach 1 (parts car)

Welcome from TriCities Wa.

-john

(jbojo)

351C 4V cc heads, 10.5 : 1 CR, 290 Herbert cam, Flat top forged pistons, forged connecting rods, Atomic efi,

C6 with Gear Vendor overdrive, 3.89 Tru Trac, Hooker Super Comp with 2 1/2" Pypes Exhaust.        

Some Mod pictures can be seen at: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=2026]Bojo's Garage[/button]

Welcome to the site from Virginia. Looking forward to seeing your pictures.

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

Welcome from Denmark Northern Part of Europe [WINKING FACE] [THUMBS UP SIGN] Regards Lars DK73 🇩🇰

Sendt fra min E2303 med Tapatalk

So I'm a proud owner of one Mach 1 73! Regards Lars DK73:whistling:

Howdy from Sunny Phoenix. Thanks for joining. You already know about the COTM, why not submit your car?

'Mike'

73 Convertible - 351C/4V CC heads/4bolt/forged flat tops/comp 270/rhodes/mallory unilite/tri-power/hookers/glasspacks/c6/3.50 limited slip/Gear Vendors/Global West sub frames, strut rods and shelby style traction bars/ Rear sway bar/tilt steering (not original)

Pics of modifications included in: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-convertible--3335]My Garage[/button]

Tegemus, we like "Lurkers"! Gives you a chance to check out the lay of the land and see what a great group of people are here. Lots of knowledge and experience here and everyone willing to share and help in any way. Sounds like you have acquired a very nice Mach1 to start your 71-73 career. Like others have stated when you get a chance, please post some pictures of your "Beast". Happy New Year and welcome to your new Mustang home!!

Steve

No Officer...I really don't know how fast I was going, my speedometer stopped at 140!

Welcome from Oregon.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein