Hi everybody dealer code Marti report

Timecruiser

Hi All

I have a 1972 Mustang Mach 1 Q code fastback over here in the UK and I’m currently renovating it to factory spec . Looking at the Marti report I have an order dealer code of 13C090 and wondered if anybody knows the name of the dealer

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All

I have a 1972 Mustang Mach 1 Q code fastback over here in the UK and I’m currently renovating it to factory spec . Looking at the Marti report I have an order dealer code of 13C090 and wondered if anybody knows the name of the dealer

Welcome from Houston, Texas!  The dealer should be specified in your Marti Report.  It is in mine just below the dealer code.

9-20-19-Mine-Again.jpg1972 Mach 1 351 Cleveland Ram Air, C6, 9 inch with 3.25 Posi, Sanderson Ceramic Headers, 2.5" dual H Pipe exhaust w/stainless tips, MSD Ignition, Edlelbrock 4BB Carb, Wilwood Front Discs, Summit Racing Rear Discs.

Welcome from Virginia! You can post your Marti report here:

https://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-marti-reports

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

Welcome from an ex-pat living in SW Ontario, Canada.

The deluxe Marti Report will show the dealer as well as the code.

I had a 72 Q code Mach 1 back in the early 80's, but sold it in 91, Wish I'd kept that car!!

A suggestion. "Factory appearing" was my goal for my 71 M code Mach 1. Going for Conours was way too costly for my bank account, but with buying the best quality repop parts, the car looks the part and that's all I wanted.

All the best with your car and POST PICTURES, we love pictures

Geoff.

Geoff.

I learn something new every day!

Welcome from Iowa.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

Hi All

The "13" represents the New York DSO District Sales Office. The district number tells the district where the car is either destined to go or from where it was ordered. The remainder is the specific dealership that ordered that car. You should check with Marti to see if he still have the original invoice for the car. It is a great piece of original paperwork to have.

1973 H Code Convertible - Medium Copper Metallic - June 8, 1973, Built Ford Marketing Sales Vehicle

DSC_0266xsm.jpg

satellite.png Proud Space Junk Award Winner!

Welcome from Oklahoma.

Ray

1971 Boss 351  

1972 Q code 4 speed convertible 

1971 Mustang Sportsroof  351-2V FMX 

1971 Hardtop (parts car)

1973 Mach 1 (parts car)

Hello Timecruiser, welcome to the best Forum you could have picked for you and your 72 Mach 1.

As  rackerm posted, 13 is the sales district the ordering dealer is located. The C090 would identify the ordering dealer.  It's possible Marti may provide you with the Dealer name associated the C090 code or research it for a fee. Since you were able to obtain a standard report, he still has the original Ford invoice. Or....you could reach back into your pocket and order the more detailed  deluxe report since your goal is to restore your car to factory specs.

As the years went by, Dealers changed hands, closed, or had their sales districts changed by Ford. So while the sellng dealer may still be in buiness today, the chances of having the same sales code are slim.

Good luck with your project and remember, we believe there is no such thing as stupid questains, so never hesitate to ask if you have anything you want to run by us!   :)

Steve

No Officer...I really don't know how fast I was going, my speedometer stopped at 140!

Timecruiser,

As others have said, your best bet would be to order the original factory invoice from Marti for $55. These are the original invoices that Ford used back in the day, not a copy or reproduction. If restoring to original, this would be very nice to have. Here is an example of mine.

eminger-no-vin.jpg

Jeff

1972 Q Code Convertible

Thanks

That’s a lot of fantastic info to bear in mind . I’ll  get in touch with Marti and see if he can help

Thanks again

It is called the Eminger invoice after Lois Eminger who worked as a secretary at Ford

and collected the returned paperwork after delivery.  Notice the sample has "2" stamped on it.

Somehow Marti got ahold of the pile from Ford.  You can see where the dealer signed off

on the delivery with a lead pencil on mine.  I asked Marti how they did that and got a rather

terse response.  May be the Holy Grail of Mustang documentation along with the build sheet.

Pure original and only one exists.  You will need to prove you own the car to get it.  That rare.  

You can see in the sample it was printed on an old line style printer, the letters don't line up.

Also notice the buyer paid $5.20 for 13 gallons of gas, "I" only paid $4.00 for 12 gallons.

mike

spacer.png

Thanks for all your reply’s surprised at how many European owners are out there and to answer Steve I’m in Sheffield South Yorkshire northern England

As I have different order dealer code to that of the dealer that actually sold the vehicle would that mean my car was probably moved from one dealer to another??

Hello Timecruiser.

Looking through the Marti Mustang and Cougar Tagbook, the 1972 DSO chart shows 13 (for Mustang) as New York. Get's you loser.

Back in those days, we had a lot of US servicemen in the UK. I know for a fact that they bought in lots of US made cars. Where I lived near Cambridge, there were several US air bases. It was almost comical to see US cars trying to navigate our much smaller roads! So there is a good chance your car was bought in by a serviceman (or woman) and survived up to now. If this was an "Export" car the DSO would be 90-99.

If your car has the original floor pans and carpet, there's another 'gem' you may be able to find and that is the build sheet(s). They will be found usually behind the driver seat under the carpet underlay. You will need to remove the rear seat, press down hard on the front edge and push it back to release the clips.

Here's a pic of what I found in mine. I also found a third one under the driver's seat, 3 in all.

This document will list what your car was ordered with as it went down the line. On your VIN, does it read 2f (Dearborn) or 2t (Metuchen) That tells you which plant the car was built.

Geoff.

IMG-3231.jpg

IMG-3249.jpg

Geoff.

Hi

That’s a useful find , but no such luck for me my car has had an eventful life and carpets have been replaced a least once . From what I have learnt up to now is . My car was ordered by dealer 13C090 in January 1972 and built at Dearborn and released by February , it was eventually sold in June by dealer 13A036 Wilford auto sales of New York . Then in September 1973 it turns up here in England where it’s had quite a few owners until in about 1983 it was involved in an accident resulting a replaced right hand rear quarter panel and the colour was then changed from original bright blue to red and also interior was changed to red velour. I came across it in a very sorry rusty state in the Summer of 1990 . I was twenty years old at the time and having been a Mustang enthusiast since birth I just had to take the project on. I was no stranger to classic car renovation and five years later I’d completed it and sticking to red with red interior I had a great time with it until settling down and buying a house and then kids came along I no longer had time or the money priorities were new kitten s and bathrooms instead of building a garage for the Mustang and then the British weather took its toll and once again it was a rusting wreck. Now having a nice roomy garage it’s time to tackle the brave restoration once again. Even though it has history it’s still got the original engine trans and axle all checking out as Marti report shows. I will try and upload photos soon

Hi

That’s a useful find , but no such luck for me my car has had an eventful life and carpets have been replaced a least once . From what I have learnt up to now is . My car was ordered by dealer 13C090 in January 1972 and built at Dearborn and released by February , it was eventually sold in June by dealer 13A036 Wilford auto sales of New York . Then in September 1973 it turns up here in England where it’s had quite a few owners until in about 1983 it was involved in an accident resulting a replaced right hand rear quarter panel and the colour was then changed from original bright blue to red and also interior was changed to red velour. I came across it in a very sorry rusty state in the Summer of 1990 . I was twenty  years old at the time  and having been a Mustang enthusiast since birth I just had to take the project on. I was no stranger to classic car renovation and five years later I’d completed it and sticking to red with red interior I had a great time with it  until settling down and buying a house and then kids came along I no longer had time or the money priorities were new kitten s and bathrooms instead of building a garage for the Mustang and then the British weather took its toll and once again it was a rusting wreck. Now having a nice roomy garage it’s time to tackle the brave restoration once again. Even though it has history it’s still got the original engine trans and axle all checking out as Marti report shows. I will try and upload photos soon

Wow! quite a story and we love stories...… and pictures. Time to strip her down to the bones and bring her back to former glory.

Velour interior?? are you joking! Oh well easy to change, it's all available.

The great guys on the forum can help with anything and everything you need to know, just ask. No such thing as a dumb question, but you might get some dumb answers! No just kidding, you'll get all you need here except CASH!!!

Geoff.

Geoff.