Her 72 Mach 1

Now the monumental task of completing the Mach 1 may now commence.

Some body issues still remain with a solution yet to be determined. The passenger door alignment (wasn't original door and never addressed), NO parking brake cable provisions (hole in floor, floor pan brackets), rear window trim clip studs install (weren't done when 1/4 was replaced), side mirror/hood scoop/urethane bumper paint.

Brett

On 9/10/2021 at 12:19 PM, mjseakan said:

Man, after following this for so long I'm happy as hell for you.

I'd probably still be in a corner curled up in the fetal position.

Mike

Yes, trust me, I had to crawl out of the corner for this last week. If the furnace, ac, septic system, etc. craps. We are so screwed. I'm just a aircraft mechanic supporting a family of 5 1/2. And Christmas is only 3 months away. Fixing up an old car from the bottom up is tough on the wallet.

Brett

Looks great!!!! That’s how it should of looked when you picked it up from the painter.  A job is not done until it has been wet sanded, buffed, and hand glazed. 
That gentleman did a great job! It’s all downhill from here! 
Congrats . 

• Like 1

Kevin
1971 Mach 1

408C Stroker - C4 w/3,000 stall - 8.8" Rear w/3.73's - Disc brakes all way around.

Ya'll are gonna have a good chuckle.......I've got a line on another Mach 1. 71, Pewter, 351c, auto. Emailed some pics to a ham radio buddy and as it turns out he has a Mach 1 too. Wasting away in a pasture. Hmmmm....didn't I say something in the last couple of days about "never again." Hey, anyone wanna buy a Camaro?

Brett

6 minutes ago, 72Mach168Cam said:

Ya'll are gonna have a good chuckle.......I've got a line on another Mach 1. 71, Pewter, 351c, auto. Emailed some pics to a ham radio buddy and as it turns out he has a Mach 1 too. Wasting away in a pasture. Hmmmm....didn't I say something in the last couple of days about "never again." Hey, anyone wanna buy a Camaro?

Let me know if you don’t want the pewter 71, I know a guy looking! Lol

• Like 1

Kevin
1971 Mach 1

408C Stroker - C4 w/3,000 stall - 8.8" Rear w/3.73's - Disc brakes all way around.

3 minutes ago, turtle5353 said:

Let me know if you don’t want the pewter 71, I know a guy looking! Lol

Will do. Looks savable. I told him there is repro metal. From the .mov file he sent I thought it was doable. Only the hidden monster of the dreaded cowl rot could be there because of where it is sitting. But dang, it's all there. I let him know if he ever decided to part with it that I'd love to be the one he calls. It HAS to be saved. He knows.

Brett

20 minutes ago, 72Mach168Cam said:

Earlier today Mrs.72Mach1 showed me a side by side comparison; then and now. Whew! We ARE getting somewhere. Good reminder.

IMG_3252.jpg

There is nothing more motivational then to look back at what you started with and what you have now.  Once you see the return on your hard work it becomes easier to push on to complete the job.  You are going to have one very nice ride when you are done.  Great job. 

Edited by Kilgon
  • Like 1

Kilgon

"The only dumb question is the one not asked"

12 hours ago, Kilgon said:

There is nothing more motivational then to look back at what you started with and what you have now.  Once you see the return on your hard work it becomes easier to push on to complete the job.  You are going to have one very nice ride when you are done.  Great job. 

That is a very true statement.

IMG_20171014_183531480_HDR.jpg

1204081649 (Large).JPG

• Like 1