garage 101 for noobs.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

72HCODE

"My World is Fire and Blood"
Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach 1.
so for 5 years i basically had no worktable out in the garage. I would bring things inside the house to work on them in the basement and it was such a headache. The table i wanted from sears at the time was over 400$ and i hemmed and hawd since i would rather blow that money on something else.

I tend to add tools as i need them or when i get desperate so i put it off long enough.

over the labor day weekend, i put my foot down. i wanted a table asap but i wanted to make it. So i enlisted the internet and my dad figured it would be a nice father son project.

got some free workbench plans off the net, and spent about 200$ in materials.

if your interested in the plans:

http://www.cornerhardware.com/howto/ht082.html

the legs are 4x4 with 2X6 beams all pressure treated wood, everything is carriage bolted together and i used the thickest hardwood plywood i could find, unfortunately it was less then 1". (7/8" thick) i then added some 3/8 masonite on top of the hardwood to protect the table top and add some strength.

It took longer to get the materials at Home depot then it did to assemble it.

i had the entire thing together with some help in 3 hours. Hey first time i ever built a table and you can do it to, and its easy.

100_2757.jpg

100_2758.jpg

so if your in the need for a bench you have a new project for this weekend :)

and now i'm putting it to work

100_2759.jpg

Back