manual transmissions??

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

91iroc

Reaction score
My Car
1972 MACH 1
hey quick question and i know its been asked before? on 351c what would the most BOLT ON manual trans setup? which car can i burrow from? (PREFERABLY 5 SPEED) and what about a 6 speed? can i use the one off a lt1 camaro?[/u]

i see these websites, but the price of the transmission alone is way out of my budget. i would like to get a t56. and i ahve always been part of the camaro crowd. so i understood that i could take a lt1 camaro transmission and use it in various applications. i especially liked the fact the 6 th gears was a .50 ratio. can i use that trans? with one of these guys bellhousings?

i see these websites, but the price of the transmission alone is way out of my budget. i would like to get a t56. and i ahve always been part of the camaro crowd. so i understood that i could take a lt1 camaro transmission and use it in various applications. i especially liked the fact the 6 th gears was a .50 ratio. can i use that trans? with one of these guys bellhousings?
If you really think about it a complete kit is the only way to go..If it's out of your budget now then save up & wait till you can afford it..There's too many variables doing it any other way (like buying a used tranny getting it bolted up only to find out it needs a rebuild) .. In the long run, by the time your done buying everything you need your not going to save much..

hey quick question and i know its been asked before? on 351c what would the most BOLT ON manual trans setup? which car can i burrow from? (PREFERABLY 5 SPEED) and what about a 6 speed? can i use the one off a lt1 camaro?[/u]
The most BOLT ON would probably be a toploader.

mike

Back