Fresh Air Hat

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cop Car

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 429 CJ
1970 Ranchero N code 4spd
1979 Ranchero GT
Does anyone have or know where to get the Fresh Air Cowl "Hat" for the Fresh air vent ???? I looked at the Current "Repair" item that is Plastic...Not interested....

There is none being made for 71-3's

Do you need

pass side with a/c

pass side without a/c

drivers side - I think I have a section with this one

Don

i haAVE THE hat part thats rusted off, but if your up to doing some fabricating im sure you can make it work

Pass side with AC....I have mine but it is Rusted through in Several places around the Bottom...I can Rebuild it but was trying to avoid the Time if I could find a Good one at a Resonable price (I know they are rare)..

I had to fabricate one for mine. Although it is not 100% correct, the end cover for a 1/2 HP electric motor with the center cutout was pretty close, and nobody will ever see it...

hat.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I had to fabricate one for mine.
I am ready to weld the top back on mine--I fabricated the repair panels for mine as well. The lower cowl was cut then hammer and dollied into shape to weld up to the bottom. Then I cut a 4" by 24" (or so) piece of sheet metal and went to a sheet metal shop. They rolled an edge onto it that I used for welding to the lower cowl. I primed it and sealed it, but that is as far as I have gotten--too busy with kids, cub scouts, work, holidays, and other stuff that life throws at me. I was hoping to get a step by step picture set put together, but I actually have to finish it first. This weekend--nope, gotta be the Cub Scout Pinewood Derby Director this weekend...

"This weekend--nope, gotta be the Cub Scout Pinewood Derby Director this weekend..."

That is at least a good excuse to not work on the car. Here's a picture of me from 1982. May dad and older brother and I spent the entire winter working on cars and a test track. That is where I first started running a lathe and also got my first hands on experience in body work. Nine coats of PPG primer, then paint, then decals, then clear.

Now 30 years later I still like to play with cars!

jim_82.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back