Seeking Elegant Throttle Return Spring Solutions...

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Convertible
Born an I-6, spent the teenage, 20 and 30 years as a 302, but at 40 will reach full potential as a 351C.
If you have purchased that after market carburetor and intake manifold, during installation you realize the hassle of rerouting the gas line.

However, a more important issue is the placement, longevity and dependability of the THROTTLE RETURN SPRING. Actuallly, it should perhaps be throttle return springs. Many of us actually use 2 springs these days because the quality is garbage, so we like the idea of having a backup in the event one decides to break on us.

Please post information detailing:

-Carb Type

-Manifold Type

-Link To The Parts if you bought them

-Clear photo of your fabricated parts.

so we can duplicate your efforts.

What follows is my contribution:

I prefer to pull from the bottom of the carb's throttle bracket and mount the springs behind the carb.

-Holley, Model, CFM unknown, circa 1984

-Weiand Manifold, circa 1984

-Stock Throttle Linkage

2ivrzn.jpg

-Edelbrock Performer 600 CFM

-Edelbrock Performer Manifold, 351W

-Fabricated plate to mount securely behind carb so spring can be in line with throttle bracket. I use one fat spring and one skinny spring. The plate is very thick, but it is what I had on hand.

2a7bwg0.jpg

vpf3h0.jpg

WOW a blast from my past SK SPEED I can't believe they are still are on sunrise highway & still in business ..Man I used to go there all the time in the early 80's I grew up about 10 minutes from the green acres mall.. believe it or not I also had the pleasure of going to Motion Performance in baldwin a few times back in the day..As a kid we used to go to freeport a lot & I always remember the muscle cars sitting outside that shop..

WOW a blast from my past SK SPEED I can't believe they are still are on sunrise highway & still in business ..Man I used to go there all the time in the early 80's I grew up about 10 minutes from the green acres mall.. believe it or not I also had the pleasure of going to Motion Performance in baldwin a few times back in the day..As a kid we used to go to freeport a lot & I always remember the muscle cars sitting outside that shop..
lol I work at the one on sunrise 1 day a week.. Im only there for the discount ;). The sunrise location is relocating this year to a larger location though, it will be the end of an era. I didnt think anyone would know about them.

Back