Least liked factory color for 1971-73 Mustangs?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

classicsguy

Reaction score
My Car
1968 GT/CS California Special
I made a post once with what was the most popular color for 1971-73,but now what would be the least liked factory color for these years according to your opinion?

I would say the least popular color in my book is Medium Metallic Brown ...but!! Saying that...I would love to own one of each color!! hehehe and i think all colors look great on them..besides pink;)

I would say the least popular color in my book is Medium Metallic Brown ...but!! Saying that...I would love to own one of each color!! hehehe and i think all colors look great on them..besides pink;)
That is why I didn't restore mine to factory specs. Mine was originally medium brown metallic and I have to agree on that.

I have always been a fan of the wilder colors. The ones that are least popular for me are medium brown metallic and believe it or not wimbleton white. I know wimbleton white was a popular color but it doesn't do it for me.

Hot Pink Mustang, you know deep down you all want one ::chili:::

V7Z76.jpg

(in case you don't like it this awesome Mustang is also available in original red)

QO6i9.jpg

Some cars just look great in any color and ours is one of them. I honestly have not seen one that I did'nt like.
It's true! I had a friend with a Buick Grand National (all of them came in Black). My wife pointed out to him that my car would look good in any color (including the light blue it was) but his car would look silly light blue.

I like them all.

Hot Pink Mustang, you know deep down you all want one ::chili:::

Im man enough to be comfortable in a PINK CAR!

V7Z76.jpg

(in case you don't like it this awesome Mustang is also available in original red)

QO6i9.jpg

I'd agree on primer gray, but the springtime yellow just looks incomplete,like someone forgot to put some pizazz in the paint. Mines currently a wimbeldon white and its plain vanilla. I saw a pearl white recently that was awesome, though not an original color. I'm going to go with grabber yellow eventually for mine.

I would say brown, not just on our cars but on any car... It's just a colour I can't get inspired by, or like or warm too.

And who thought painting factory cars Bum Hole brown would be a good idea/seller in the first place ????

Thank god thet didn't paint mustangs in Nipple pink....

Agree on the either of the Browns, Either of the yellows, I also do not like Fords plain white. the pearl white are fine, but the plain white seems to dull quickly as it does on Torinos as well..

Mike

Back