1973 cleveland 2v heads cc size???

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 Mustang
Hey guys im trying to figure out how many cc my 2v heads are. I believe they are 1971 or 1973 not sure.... cant remember. Just wonder because the stroker kits im looking at are listing the compression ratio for 3 different size cc heads. they list 58, 64, and 70 cc heads. I dont want to go crazy with the compression ratio. want the motor to be pump gas friendly 93 octane. Have to pick dished, flat top, or domed pistons but want to know the cc to choose right. I know i can ask the machine shop but i was just curious tonight looking at stuff online and thought one of you guys might know the cc off hand. Thanks Fellas!!

As previously stated, the BEST way to know is to go by the casting number on the heads. I would say that the vast majority of the 1970 - 1974 2V heads have a cc of 74-77.

Valve sizes are 2.04/1.66

BT

It will depend on what has been done to the combustion chambers, how much has been milled from the heads, and how high the finished valve seat causes the valve to protrude into the chamber (CC the heads for actual number). The SCR will also be affected by how close to zero deck the piston is as well as the bore diameter (4.100 usual) and compressed thickness (.041 usual) of the head gasket. We used to be able to get 93 octane with no alcohol here. Then it went away. Best we can get is 91 octane no alcohol. I'd keep max SCR to about 9.5-9.7 with the smallest camber iron head you plan to use. Just an opinion. Some good calculators are here. http://www.wallaceracing.com/Calculators.htm Don't worry about it being a Pontiac site. The math is very, very close. Chuck

measure them,.. you'll never know if someone has gotten a little enthusiastic with shaving off the head surface to gain more cr..

Back