1971 351C 4V question

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 73 is going to have a 72 toploader 4 speed, 70 block due to it's tested thickness and 71 closed chamber heads for ....plans I have for the future. Whoever buys it can do as they please! :p

We found an engine, '71 quench head M-code newly rebuilt and still sealed in plastic from the machine shop.

Did I mention it has a mild cam? Pictures and details will follow once the engine is in the car.

We are pretty stoked about this.

mike

Well done Mike! It is only up from here. Chuck
The next issue is how to get it to where the car is located. We have to load it onto a mule for the last few miles :p

mike
I'm sure there is a conversion formula for mulepower to horsepower but, I don't know what it is. maybe .8:1. Chuck

Well done Mike! It is only up from here. Chuck
The next issue is how to get it to where the car is located. We have to load it onto a mule for the last few miles :p

mike
I'm sure there is a conversion formula for mulepower to horsepower but, I don't know what it is. maybe .8:1. Chuck
At least I know the car is in a safe place.

mike

Congrats on the M code find. Looking forward to the forthcoming video! Hint hint.
It was a rare find for sure and when I tell you where I found this gem, you will say "Right On". Pictures of the process for sure and maybe a video if I can figure out how to do that.

mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike, I've been following this thread and the updates on what did you do to your car today. Post a few pics & video here so it'll all be in one place. Long live the M-code!...I just can't wait to get mine going. Your story is an inspiration. :d

Back