1971 Mach1 Resurrection

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WELCOME aboard, Gilbert!

You will find plenty of expertise on the Site and considering your background, I am sure you will also be a GREAT source of information.

Again, Welcome and I look forward to interacting with you on the Forums.

BT

Welcome Sanborn! Great job so far! For the window stuff try Don at Ohio Mustang...he may have a secret stash. Also mat a WTB (want to buy) post in the classifieds. Thanks for posting pics, looks like a great project.

Gilbert: I saw this pic on another post and saw that it is your colors.

Q6pnk.jpg

Very nice! ::welcome:: to the site, 9 weeks....makes me feel guilty about mine....

Want another one to paint...lol

Ken
You know I got to thinking, This July mine will have been 9 years! I wonder what happened?:blush:
9 years not to bad...Mine came off the road in 89..But 6 years of my down time was from the shop that jerked me..Considering I started the end of June 2010 & didn't work at all on the car the month of august I've got 8 months to where I'm at now..& you've seen the amount of work I've done..If I wasn't going away for July & august I bet I would be real close to done.
Thanks for the patronage Q! Maybe I'll have a shot at the 50th anniversary. Either that, or I'll have Sanborn here knock mine out in a couple months! :D

Welcome! Great work and awesome pics. Looking forward to seeing more. :)

Hi Sanborn and ::welcome::

Is there a good source for power window switch parts? Several of mine are broken where the chrome tab sits. I've no luck finding parts.

I have exactly the same problem. Been looking for those parts for half an eternity but they're hard to find. I think they're made of Unobtanium.

Good luck in finding those!

Nice choice of color, by the way!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my new windshield in on Monday. That is a messy job that I will leave to a professional every time!

200338_1737243643604_1614008704_1648316_2200531_n.jpg

189809_1738813722855_1614008704_1650183_7584460_n.jpg

Finally got front bumper off last night with my impact gun and a cut off wheel. Who decided a phillips head was a good idea on such big bolts???

189809_1738813762856_1614008704_1650184_3611665_n.jpg

189809_1738813802857_1614008704_1650185_2553521_n.jpg

Today I'll wet sand the car and prime/prep the front bumper. I was planning to paint this weekend but I have a minor surgery tomorrow so it will all depend on how I feel after that.

Surgery went fine although I caught the flu and it was pushed back a few days. I'm behind schedule but paint is on the car. Pics are crap but I'll post more later. Thanks for the well wishes!

200756_1759596322407_1614008704_1678748_7005610_n.jpg

196595_1759597962448_1614008704_1678751_5024726_n.jpg

196595_1759598042450_1614008704_1678753_1576558_n.jpg

196595_1759598082451_1614008704_1678754_7337521_n.jpg

Looks Nice considering no downdraft spray booth..Looking through the pics I'm curious why you sprayed the fender extensions..hood mldg..Otr extensions..on the car ? & also sprayed over the door latches & trunk latch ? Instead of removing the 6 door latch screws pulling back the latch & putting some tape in to cover the opening..Same thing with the door rubber bumpers..door lock strickers.. I noticed you taped around them instead of removing them..Not being critical but curious why you did it the way you did. Those little details(about 20 extra minutes to do) make the difference between a nice job an a amazing job !

Last edited by a moderator:
The extensions I left on mostly because it was just easier. I went to remove the front fender extensions and could not get one of them to grab- it felt like someone had rounded the nut off. Decision made. (Lots of times you'll find hose pieces gt chipped in re-assembly.) If this were a total purist resto I would have forced the issue - but no. The door and trunk latches - it easier to transport with working latches. It's easy enough to pull them after and soak them clean. When it's all done most people would never be able to tell the difference. I'm not going for Russo and Steele on this car - the interior is modified and it's not super-optioned. I just want to make it a nice driver that someone can feel like they got their money's worth from.

The "booth" was crap - no exhaust fan other than a 36" shop fan in door. It was all I could get.

The extensions I left on mostly because it was just easier. I went to remove the front fender extensions and could not get one of them to grab- it felt like someone had rounded the nut off. Decision made. (Lots of times you'll find hose pieces gt chipped in re-assembly.) If this were a total purist resto I would have forced the issue - but no. The door and trunk latches - it easier to transport with working latches. It's easy enough to pull them after and soak them clean. When it's all done most people would never be able to tell the difference. I'm not going for Russo and Steele on this car - the interior is modified and it's not super-optioned. I just want to make it a nice driver that someone can feel like they got their money's worth from.

The "booth" was crap - no exhaust fan other than a 36" shop fan in door. It was all I could get.
Got it ! It's a flipper ! & like I said Nice paint considering what you were working with!

I started to say something awhile back when a guy wanted to see progress pics of my car, to be honest, my work does not compare with Q's work.

My car will be nice, but nothing like his..that is not what I started out to do.

I just want a nice driver that I had fun doing. I really enjoy seeing his progress and watching his videos, but frankly I just ain't that good. And neither was Ford.

I started to say something awhile back when a guy wanted to see progress pics of my car, to be honest, my work does not compare with Q's work.

My car will be nice, but nothing like his..that is not what I started out to do.

I just want a nice driver that I had fun doing. I really enjoy seeing his progress and watching his videos, but frankly I just ain't that good. And neither was Ford.
Don..Thanks for the compliment ! I totally understand that everybody has different goals in the work they do on our cars..I just try to help & make it a little easier & maybe get a better result than they ever expected by giving up some of the stuff that took me years to perfect & learn..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back