1972 - 73 AC Dryer decal

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill73Ragtop

Long time vintage mustang hobbyist
7173 Mustang Supporter Member
Reaction score
My Car
1969 Convertible Restomod enhanced.
former owner (25 yrs) of 1973 Convertible, 351c, A/C, RA
When I purchased my 42K mileage 73 vert back in 1994 I purchased it from the original owner. It was pretty much original since he told me the only thing mechanically changed on it was the distributor cap. As I began to dismantle it to restore it (it had sat on a dirt floor in a dry garage for 6-7 years) I took pics - film of course since this was 1994 -- and put aside some parts that I knew I would be replacing. One of those parts was the original factory AC dryer that still had the ID sticker on it. I have never seen one of these listed in any catalogue (i.e Jim Osborn Rreproductions, etc)

DSC01009.jpg

I'm currently helping a buddy prep his 72 Q-code Mach for the upcoming MCA National show here in WNY this July so I pulled out a couple of the AC dryer decals I had made up back in the 90's by a local computer tech guy. He scanned the decal while it was on the dryer and made up a couple dozen or so decals. Since then I usually hand them out to the owners when I'm at a show and see either a 72 or 73 with AC.

I also just scanned one at 600 dpi on graph paper into a PDF is anyone want to make one for themselves.

D2ZA A-C Dryer Decal.pdf

Attachments

• D2ZA A-C Dryer Decal.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 39
When I purchased my 42K mileage 73 vert back in 1994 I purchased it from the original owner. It was pretty much original since he told me the only thing mechanically changed on it was the distributor cap. As I began to dismantle it to restore it (it had sat on a dirt floor in a dry garage for 6-7 years) I took pics - film of course since this was 1994 -- and put aside some parts that I knew I would be replacing. One of those parts was the original factory AC dryer that still had the ID sticker on it. I have never seen one of these listed in any catalogue (i.e Jim Osborn Rreproductions, etc)

I'm currently helping a buddy prep his 72 Q-code Mach for the upcoming MCA National show here in WNY this July so I pulled out a couple of the AC dryer decals I had made up back in the 90's by a local computer tech guy. He scanned the decal while it was on the dryer and made up a couple dozen or so decals. Since then I usually hand them out to the owners when I'm at a show and see either a 72 or 73 with AC.

I also just scanned one at 600 dpi on graph paper into a PDF is anyone want to make one for themselves.
That is great but be careful anything with the Ford logo on it has to licensed by Ford to sell. I do not think there is a law covering free or for your own use. Just like a patent if you copy something and you use it OK but do not try to sell it. Osborne got the FBI after him early in his business life.

That is great but be careful anything with the Ford logo on it has to licensed by Ford to sell. I do not think there is a law covering free or for your own use. Just like a patent if you copy something and you use it OK but do not try to sell it. Osborne got the FBI after him early in his business life.
I get a blank page when I download what am I doing wrong?

I get a blank page when I download what am I doing wrong?
See if anyone else cannot open the PDF. I just checked and it seems to be working.

Well, if Ford is concerned about the posting of copy of a free 44 year old decal, they can let me know but I'm going to continue to give them out for free.

Great save and share opportunity. Thank you for seeing the need and helping out. Wish I had AC on my car for these hot and humid summers down south. With the original DSO being Salt Lake City, UT probably not much need up there.

Back