351 4v ( 408 and TKX )

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike,

that looks great - love the freshly installed look of the things on your car.

Too bad the bar doesn't fit, I know that feeling of something... :-/ 

What are the red bolts on the side of the frame for?

What brands are the upper and lower control arms from? Need to have some too next year...

I decided for the KYB's Gas-A-Just - we will see how they are working out. But they would be better than anything that was/is on the car... ;)
Hey Tim, The upper and lower arms are from Open tracker. KWBs are good shocks. I had them on my 71 Grandé. I've had good luck with Bilsteins as well. 

The red bolts are for the steering box

Mike
Mike,
thank you :)

Will have a look after these parts...

Keep the good work going on!

Gesendet von meinem E6633 mit Tapatalk

Mike,  Just getting back from my son's after Christmas festivities, and catching up on some threads.  Your pictures & your work look great.  I really enjoy watching talented people do what I intend to do myself, really motivating.   Happy New Year, a bit early.
Thanks John, Happy New Year.

Pulled out the peddle assembles. Need to switch clutch and break peddles over to the cars original peddle support. I believe the clutch peddle assembly I picked up is from tilt wheel car. It has 4 bolt holes for the steering column. My non tilt has 3. Yesterday I got the assembles torn down and sandblasted what I will be using. No work today because of the rain so I got everything painted up.

IMG_2144.JPG

IMG_2194.JPG

IMG_2195.JPG

IMG_2197.JPG

Things I installed this past weekend. All 4 pedals, power brake booster and master from Leed Brakes,proportioning valve,new brake and fuel lines.

So looking forward to using that clutch pedal!!

IMG_2207.JPG

IMG_2202.JPG

looks great! Do you have a complete spare disc brake pedal assembly? I might want it if you do.

Very nice work. Looks awesome!

May I ask the kind of equipment (air pressure/media) that you've used for sandblasting?
I'm not sure of the media. I got the harbor freight  sand blast cabinet from SDstang when he was done with his restoration.  It had the black sand blast media in it. I have blasting around 90 psi.

Mike, did you install a new brake prob. valve or did you use your original? If new, where did you get it from and is it identical to the original? Thanks, Ryan

Mike, did you install a new brake prob. valve or did you use your original? If new, where did you get it from and is it identical to the original? Thanks, Ryan
 Ryan, I did replace the proportioning valve with a Scott Drake 67-73 piece from CJ pony parts. I do Not recommend using it. It"s not even close to the original one. It maybe a better fit for the earlier cars but not for the 71-73s.

Finished up the front suspension this weekend. Detailed and stalled the steering linkage. I went with a Wilwood kit even though my car was a disc brake car. The Wilwood kit seems like a good value for what you get. Are they better than the stock discs who knows. The only mod was the spindles had to be drilled and taped for the caliper brackets. 

Nine inch and rear suspension is next.

IMG_2270.JPG

IMG_2271.JPG

IMG_2273.JPG

IMG_2278.JPG

IMG_2279.JPG

IMG_2280.JPG

Looks like you’ve been busy Mike. Looking good! Ryan

Back