351 4v ( 408 and TKX )

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took the 9 inch up to my buddy's house for tear down. He is a retired Ford line tech and can do these in his sleep. Over all it looks pretty good and parts are on order. 

Check out his latest build. 61 F100 unibody powered by a 2012 coyote.  This truck is 99.9 rust free. Very cool!

IMG_2329.JPG

IMG_2328.JPG

IMG_2327.JPG

IMG_2326.JPG

IMG_2325.JPG

Always liked the unibodies. That Coyote does fill up the engine bay. The 292 "Y" blocks always looked kind of small in there. I partially filled up the '64 F100 I had with a 390 FE.

It's good to get some help, if for nothing else other than to help moving some things around. You'll take the next one on by yourself. 9-inch rebuilds are relatively easy, compared to some others.

It's always nice to check one more item off the to-do list.

Last edited by a moderator:
Always liked the unibodies. That Coyote does fill up the engine bay. The 292 "Y" blocks always looked kind of small in there. I partially filled up the '64 F100 I had with a 390 FE.

It's good to get some help, if for nothing else other than to help moving some things around. You'll take the next one on by yourself. 9-inch rebuilds are relatively easy, compared to some others.

It's always nice to check one more item off the to-do list.
I Called my buddy to ask what I should look for when tearing it down and all I got out of him was bring it up to the house It will give me something to do. Oh to be retired!  :D

Got the diff done this weekend. Noisy 3.50s out new 3.70s in. New bearings clutch pack and Daytona carrier. 

Big thanks to my friend Jim for his help. He did all the set up I just watched.

IMG_2346.JPG

IMG_2347.JPG

IMG_2348.JPG

IMG_2349.JPG

IMG_2354.JPG

More progress, Painted the brake drums that came with the new big brake kit. Also finished up the cowl today. On the hood supports the rubber was long gone so I thought lets give flex seal l a try. :D

IMG_2344.JPG

IMG_2345.JPG

IMG_2340.JPG

IMG_2359.JPG

IMG_2352.JPG

IMG_2353.JPG

This is the fun part. Something about rebuilding a rear axle that gives you alot of satisfaction. Those 3.7 gears should lay down some rubber nicely.

Looks good Mike! Ryan

Back