351 4v ( 408 and TKX )

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey...what is going on with this engine???

Spare me an original piston by any chance?

Vroom Vroom.

if i saw that spider in there i would have lost it and let wife finish ,,, eeeeeewwwwww...

By the way, what kind of carb is on that?

Was it tagged?

If you are going to get rid of it, I would be interested in TESTING it on my new motor.

Let me know.

Great meeting you....

Awesome score!

Shame, it was a good runner, judging my the color of the valves and lack of lifter valley funk.

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way, what kind of carb is on that?

Was it tagged?

If you are going to get rid of it, I would be interested in TESTING it on my new motor.

Let me know.

Great meeting you....
Hey James the carb was a Edelbrock AFB and it was junk. Do you still need a stock piston? I have a stock 72 351c 2v that I can brake open. I have 4 351s in my inventory.

I am looking for a standard 4V, condition unimportant. Strictly museum piece. I am so irritated at my builder for throwing all my stuff away...

I think it's time to get my build thread in order. Starting when first discovered this site back in 2010. I was starting the tear down of my 71 Mach 1 when I came across a new site called 7173 mustangs.com. At the time there was just over 300 members. Little did I know how addicting this place would be.:cool: The first Pic is when I got the Mach back in 1995. The 2nd pic is it last drive before tear down. Next set of pics where taken Thanksgiving weekend when I pretty much disassembled the hole car. Then I pressure washed the rolling shell. Hopefully I will have this post caught up with more currant progress.

image0-5.jpg

IMG023.JPG

mach 1 resto 001.jpg

mach 1 resto 061.jpg

remove engine- preassure wash 001.jpg

remove engine- preassure wash 002.jpg

remove engine- preassure wash 004.jpg

remove engine- preassure wash 005.jpg

remove engine- preassure wash 017.jpg

remove engine- preassure wash 020.jpg

Nice, but I want to see the 351-4V. Did you get it finished yet? It was a long time ago from the original post. Looks like a nice car. Is this just the first of many posts to get us up to date?

I'd also like to see more pics on the progress. I always enjoy seeing what everyone is doing to their cars. Always gives me ideas of what I can do to make my build better. I have changed a lot of things after reading other members posts. Keep up the good work.

Nice, but I want to see the 351-4V. Did you get it finished yet? It was a long time ago from the original post. Looks like a nice car. Is this just the first of many posts to get us up to date?
Yes these are the beginning pics of my project. I will be posting all my progress pics till I get up to current. As for my 351-4V I did pick up a bolt main standered bore block. I don't plan on doing the engine till the paint and body are done.

I'd also like to see more pics on the progress. I always enjoy seeing what everyone is doing to their cars. Always gives me ideas of what I can do to make my build better. I have changed a lot of things after reading other members posts. Keep up the good work.
Thanks,Yours and Patt's build threads are the first things I check when I log on.:cool:

Here is some pics of the 4 bolt main block I picked up. Should be A nice match for my CC 4V heads.

8-4-12 012.jpg

8-4-12 013.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
After the body was all cleaned up it was time to figure out where to start. No better place than the cowl and engine bay. I cut a cowl baffle out of a 72 Grande (parts car #2) which had a little rust but was something to work with. But after removing the windshield I found more rust in the cowl. This spot had to meany curves and bend to replicate so I had to find a parts car. So my wife found a rust free 73 Coupe (parts car #4) out of Riverside CA. This car had a perfect cowl. I ended up using the baffle and patch panel out of this car. After sanding prepping the cowl and engine bay it was time install the patch panels for the battery and under the windsheild. As for the cowl baffle my brother the body guy told not to over think this cowl repair. "Just clean and sandblast out the cowl then glue the baffle in":cool: What!!:huh: So he sent me the body shop supply to get SEM panel adhesive. So I glued the baffle in from the bottom. Too freakin' easy.:D From there I primed up the cowl,engine bay and the passenger compartment floor pans.

More pics.

And some more pics.

And some more pics.

parts car doors 043.jpg

1-29-12 001.jpg

1-29-12 002.jpg

01 032.jpg

01 033.jpg

1-29-12 014.jpg

8-4-12 005.jpg

8-4-12 006.jpg

8-4-12 007.jpg