351 4v ( 408 and TKX )

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can I send my car to you for a little TLC?

Seriously, awesome work being done. Wish I would have been a little more intentional about meeting you guys when I was still out in California

Good body work.B-) Regards DK73

Sendt fra min D2005 med Tapatalk

Before I moved on to the tail panel I wanted to finish the wheel well patches.
Hi looks great your body work[emoji1] [emoji106]

Wow, it is going real fast, great work! :)

Thanks guy for the kind words.:cool:
Hi great body work[emoji106] [emoji1]

Last edited by a moderator:
Some more pics of my tail light panel install to get my build thread caught up.

With mocking up the tail light panel I found out that the end cap from the sprint fit like crap. Called Don from OMS and he sent me out one that fit much better. Thanks again Don.

left patch 017.jpg

tail panel 003.jpg

tail panel 008.jpg

tail panel 007.jpg

end cap 001.jpg

end cap 002.jpg

That's high quality work. Car looks great! Are you taking on final paint yourself? I noticed the truck weatherstrip wasn't in since its not time yet but do you find it pushes up the trunk lid out of alignment with the end caps? i experienced that with my 68 build but before i made any adjustments i pushed the car into the hot sun with the lid open. seemed to help but then there aren't any decals on my 68 that go across the trunk and end cap. i will however have to contend with this dilemma with the 71 after its painted. I think i will put that decal on the day before i unveil the car.

Very nice work. I really like the home made rotisserie. Something like that should work for me since I have been looking for some way to set my car up on one without busting the budget. Plus my work space is wide but suffers from not being very deep. A full rotisserie just wouldn't give me much room to walk around the car. I can't wait to see more of your progress.

That's high quality work. Car looks great! Are you taking on final paint yourself? I noticed the truck weatherstrip wasn't in since its not time yet but do you find it pushes up the trunk lid out of alignment with the end caps? i experienced that with my 68 build but before i made any adjustments i pushed the car into the hot sun with the lid open. seemed to help but then there aren't any decals on my 68 that go across the trunk and end cap. i will however have to contend with this dilemma with the 71 after its painted. I think i will put that decal on the day before i unveil the car.
Thanks.My brother is a body man. He has been couching me threw the metal work. At some point I will take the car to his house to mud the car up. At this point I'm not sure if my brother will shoot the car or pay the painter at his work to shoot it.

Very nice work. I really like the home made rotisserie. Something like that should work for me since I have been looking for some way to set my car up on one without busting the budget. Plus my work space is wide but suffers from not being very deep. A full rotisserie just wouldn't give me much room to walk around the car. I can't wait to see more of your progress.
Thanks, The rotisserie made easy work of a crappy job!:cool: I just did not want to lay on my back to do the under side.

Here are some pics of the tail panel and rear valance installed. Next up are the doors.

tail panel 012.jpg

tail panel 013.jpg

tail panel 014.jpg

tail panel 015.jpg

Well I started with the passenger door by sanding it inside and out. Then priming it inside and out. Overall the door is in great shape except for a small dent in the back. Then I sand blasted the hinges and primed them up and installed the door.

door 001.jpg

door 002.jpg

door 003.jpg

door 006.jpg

door 008.jpg

door 010.jpg

door 012.jpg

door 015.jpg

door 016.jpg

door.jpg

Back