351C Engine knock :(

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am almost decided on what to do. Think I might just remove the intake, then the heads, after draining all fluids. Pull it out clean everything, Ziplock baggy and label everything. Clean and inspect it all. Take block to have it inspected and maybe bored if possible and take my sweet ass time rebuilding it.
{thumbs up}

And for valves...Im getting a set my self soon...Im in the middle of rebuilding mine too..It still has stock valves stems...Im getting Milodon Street Stainless Valves ...103$ bucks for a set of 4v Intake Valves: 2.19'' for all 8 ....Exhaust: 1.71'' 91$ for all 8..from jegs...Thats for 4v..Im sure its a bit cheaper for 2v heads. "maybe" lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Any brand name one piece would be fine. No need to spend big bucks on titanium or anything exotic if you are not going to be spinning crazy RPM's. The big problem with the original valves is they were two piece and the heads would break off and cause 'all kind of craziness' in the combustion chamber. It's not a 'going to happen' but also no uncommon and the results are often really really bad.

Talk to your machine shop about what they use. They may even have a good 'non name brand' they like to use.

I am almost decided on what to do. Think I might just remove the intake, then the heads, after draining all fluids. Pull it out clean everything, Ziplock baggy and label everything. Clean and inspect it all. Take block to have it inspected and maybe bored if possible and take my sweet ass time rebuilding it.
{thumbs up}

And for valves...Im getting a set my self soon...Im in the middle of rebuilding mine too..It still has stock valves stems...Im getting Milodon Street Stainless Valves ...103$ bucks for a set of 4v Intake Valves: 2.19'' for all 8 ....Exhaust: 1.71'' 91$ for all 8..from jegs...Thats for 4v..Im sure its a bit cheaper for 2v heads. "maybe" lol
+1 to that excellent choice

Back