351c- what heads do I have?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok. I'm cool with that. I was really wanting a 460 big block but that may have to wait. As long as I can get some good power from what I have... As for intake manifolds, it seems nobody makes a dual plane intake for the 4v head setup. Is this true?
How much horsepower are you looking to make?
I'm not really sure about the power I would like to make. Of course the word "500" rolls off the tongue nicely. The engine in my '68 us a 393w stroker. It has A hydraulic roller cam (232/240 @ .050) and a set of AFR heads. I would actually like to see the power band a little lower. For the Cleveland (not being a stroker and having an automatic) I am thinking of a cam about 224/232 @ .050. I'm thinking that woukd give me about 400 streetable (2000-5500rpm).

Ok. I'm cool with that. I was really wanting a 460 big block but that may have to wait. As long as I can get some good power from what I have... As for intake manifolds, it seems nobody makes a dual plane intake for the 4v head setup. Is this true?
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EDL-2665/

No:).

BT
Um, isn't it pretty tough to build something with anything close to stock displacement that is going to have a powerband of 0-5500rpm with 4bbl heads??? Unless that's some sort of oddball dual plane designed for big cube stroker motors I don't really get it...

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EDL-2665/

No:).

BT
Um, isn't it pretty tough to build something with anything close to stock displacement that is going to have a powerband of 0-5500rpm with 4bbl heads??? Unless that's some sort of oddball dual plane designed for big cube stroker motors I don't really get it...

That was 2000-5500. I'm cool with not winding up past 5500rpm. I don't race or anything. All of my driving is on the street.

Back