408 cleveland stroker questions....

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes and i got the 4V CHI Austrailiens heads they are just awesome!! My originals heads was Not posibell to Make them Back in shape. So they do Make alot off heat :whistling: Because off the Hig air flow!! Because off Them My 0-60 is 3,7 sek whit a C6. :whistling::cool: Regards Lars DK73
Too bad you can only make 1000 hp with those heads.

Lars DK73 whats your build sheet like if you dont mind me asking?

and after a long time thinking about this....im going to go with a 408c scat stroker kit. hyd roller kit and cant make my mind up about doing my 4v quenched heads (port, have to redue for screw in and guide plates) or go with trick flows... going to get subframe and traction bars if anyone wants to recommend any be great. have a monte carlo bar already. i have a torker intake that id like to use but if need be i can sell and find a better intake. i have a mallory ignition 3756701 wondering if i can use this also or should i sell it.... the fmx tranny stays for now until i can find a better setup with 3.50 gears and im looking to get better gears too. also have edelbrock 7821 timing chain.. and i think i wont be able to use. correct me if im wrong? and any other suggestions be great too.

have block machined for 1 piece rear main seal from a 351 Windsor. Scat stropker cranks have leaked for several of us that have built strokers.
Ok will do!! Thanks.

I went with Global West subframe connectors - they're easy to install, don't interfere with anything, and affordable.

I have the old school Lakewood "slapper" traction bars my car came with - I cleaned 'em up, painted, and reinstalled... mostly just for the old school appearance.

I've heard lots of good things about the Cal-Tracs, though. If I didn't already have the 'vintage' Lakewoods, I would've either gone with those or some Shelby Underride traction bars, which are very similar to the Cal-Tracs.

Hope that helps!

Well sorry for my late answer:-/ But i dont have a sheet about my engine build!! That whas before I became Member!!! But you got mee thinking about making that one!! For that I am thankfull for you interrest:thankyouyellow::whistling: But i can tell you that I have never Regreat My engien build:whistling::cool: Because off that it has the power off a Big Block which is the Right for the Cleveland engien!! Because off it's Looks Like a Big Block!! When you first start it up you Now it's Right:whistling: But My Recommended Camshaft was Partnr: 32-246-4. Grind: XE274H Cam RPM Range: 2000 to 6000.. Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Flat Tap Camshafts. Hydralic-Very strong Mid-range throttle responce whit 2400+ Stall 3,73+Gears. Have the C6 3 speed auto... Well I hope this is some info you Can juse? Regards Lars:whistling:

Well sorry for my late answer:-/ But i dont have a sheet about my engine build!! That whas before I became Member!!! But you got mee thinking about making that one!! For that I am thankfull for you interrest:thankyouyellow::whistling: But i can tell you that I have never Regreat My engien build:whistling::cool: Because off that it has the power off a Big Block which is the Right for the Cleveland engien!! Because off it's Looks Like a Big Block!! When you first start it up you Now it's Right:whistling: But My Recommended Camshaft was Partnr: 32-246-4. Grind: XE274H Cam RPM Range: 2000 to 6000.. Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Flat Tap Camshafts. Hydralic-Very strong Mid-range throttle responce whit 2400+ Stall 3,73+Gears. Have the C6 3 speed auto... Well I hope this is some info you Can juse? Regards Lars:whistling:
ok thanks guys. ill have a look into them. all info helps.

ok thanks guys. ill have a look into them. all info helps........also have fc 280H-10 high energy comp cam... i dont know what to think of it lol new in box

Last edited by a moderator:
I just wanted to add reinforcement to the need for chassis reinforcement on these cars. They're very flimsy, albeit very good looking cars. At an honest 300 hp to the rear wheels, I could see the quarterpanel skin near the roof ripple. Since running an EFI 408 stroker making an honest 488 hp to the rear wheels, I had to weld in a roll cage to tie everything together, in addition to quality subframe connectors and significantly upgraded suspension. Oh, and 4 wheel disc brakes became pretty necessary very quickly with the upgraded power level. Just try not to half ass the engine upgrade by not updating the supporting ancillary systems.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back