408 Stroker parts discussion

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drove tested the engine with the TKO600 and it is phenomenal.

Reviewing all I have done I realized that I didn't spend time thinking about the PCV system. Right now I have whatever valve was in the engine before all the mods. Obviously, vacuum is much less than stock. Right now I am measuring 10-11" at 900rpm. What type of PCV valve should I be using, or does it really matter?
Tony,

I used the ME Wagner pcv valve, very expensive but I feel it is well worth the price.

my 408 is quite similar to yours except smaller cam and open chamber heads 9.3 cr.

I am pulling 17'' of vacuum.

see the PCV thread.

Boilermaster

Tony,

went with Comp. 32-411-8 205/205-.510

so I could have that idle and low end drivability.

what motor mounts did you end up with and whose headers ?

I have a pristine set of the 1973 clamshell type off my donor car, but they interfere with my patriot headers.

Boilermaster

Tony,

went with Comp. 32-411-8 205/205-.510

so I could have that idle and low end drivability.

what motor mounts did you end up with and whose headers ?

I have a pristine set of the 1973 clamshell type off my donor car, but they interfere with my patriot headers.

Boilermaster
I see. Your cam is much milder than mine. Is it a roller? EDIT: never mind. I see it is a hydraulic roller

With my setup now I am seeing 11 to 12 at 900 rpm.

I am using the Prothane motor mounts. For header I have the Hookers Comp. The driver's motor mount are very close to one of the header's pipes. I was able to grind some material off the mount, but the gap is pretty tight. Right now there is about 1/8" gap between header and mount.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back