71 2? 3? on Fox & Friends this morning

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was great! Thanks for sharing!

Last edited by a moderator:
Spotted the clue, its a 1971....

front bumper makes it a 71,72, not a 73

Double window retainer clip on front drivers window bright trim makes it a early-mid 1971.

they switched to single retainer clips later to cut production costs.

52 seconds into the video look at the window A pillar.

These 4 clips are for the door glass and quarter windows on Coupes and Fastbacks. Two are part number D1ZZ-6522204-A and two are part number D1ZZ-6522244-A. Photo at right shows clip locations on typical front Mustang window.

Windowclips72.jpg

also the car had a quick fill gas cap but that would only mean something if it was known original equipment since you can always bolt that stuff on, but early 71s had it as an option.

Yup, that car belongs to one of our members. He posted pics from the shoot in a thread.

Edit: I checked and it IS Grasshopper.

Double window retainer clip on front drivers window bright trim makes it a early-mid 1971.

These 4 clips are for the door glass and quarter windows on Coupes and Fastbacks. Two are part number D1ZZ-6522204-A and two are part number D1ZZ-6522244-A. Photo at right shows clip locations on typical front Mustang window.

Windowclips72.jpg

also the car had a quick fill gas cap but that would only mean something if it was known original equipment since you can always bolt that stuff on, but early 71s had it as an option.
Congrats to Grasshopper. Nice story. But like I said before - I did about hurled a burrito when she jumped up on the hood!!!! LOL

Dang 72HCode - You are good. I still have much to learn! - Even after almost 40 years of dealing with them!!! (slow learner LOL)

:udaman:

72HCode - Folks like you are truely invaluable when it comes to the correct understanding of these cars and how to accurately re-create them.

BIG THANKS!

::beer::

Ray

Windowclips72.jpg

Need to change your screen name to Eagle Eye, I wouldn't have even known to catch that detail.

Does that apply to NJ cars as well? My 11/70 Metuchen build has single clips.

-Kurt

71 cars had single clips as well, i don't remember the cut off, but 2 clips per side is early 71 production to middle 71 production.

had the car had single clips from the video it would of be impossible to tell the year either 71 or 72, you would need to see the dashboard to get more information, like if the car had seatbeat warning lights then it would possibly be a 1972 car over a 71.

Back