71 351C Engine Decal Details

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danoreilly

Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach1 351C 4V
02 Deluxe Convertible
67 Fairlane GT 390
I'm looking for information that would be on the engine tag on a '71 351C 2V or 4V motor. A picture of one, with dimensions, would help a lot. In fact, if the pic could have a measuring rule next to it so I could get an idea of the size of the lettering, so much the better. Can anybody help?

I'm looking for information that would be on the engine tag on a '71 351C 2V or 4V motor. A picture of one, with dimensions, would help a lot. In fact, if the pic could have a measuring rule next to it so I could get an idea of the size of the lettering, so much the better. Can anybody help?
I can't find a picture right now but, I do have the information that would be on the aluminum tag. Left to right and top to bottom; first line, Engine CID,engine model year (2 digits), change level, Ford logo. Second line, year of engine production, month of engine production, engine code number (5 or 6 characters). Chuck

I think I'm going the Marti Works route. The can stamp the correct date code, Ford logo, et al on the thing.

I think I'm going the Marti Works route. The can stamp the correct date code, Ford logo, et al on the thing.
Good decision. They also have axle tags if you need one. There is also an engine code decal, that is engine specific, that is affixed to the front of the driver's side valve cover. Chuck

Latest posts

Back