71 Coupe project car

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool. I have a 68 coupe that was originally Acapulco Blue until someone repainted it metallic green before I got it.

I'm wanting to paint my 73 soon as the current paint job was done by the PO in his garage and he didn't even open the doors. I am thinking about a very light ice metallic blue and tinting all the chrome trim dark charcoal.
Nice, that would definitely be something unique. Post pics when your get it done

Oh wow that’s exactly what I had in mind. Did you buy it like that or was it your choice of paint?
It was like that when I got it. Previous owner had painted it in their garage. The receipts said it was that ford lightening blue color.

Thanks for the suggestion. Very nice color you have on yours. I was thinking maybe going something like that. Is yours Acapulco blue?
Thank you! Yes, that's correct, although the guy who mixed the paint many years ago didn't get it quite right. It's a touch bluer than the original color (you can't really tell in the picture though). Acapulco blue is my all-time favorite Mustang color.

You could paint a test panel

Rust oleum sail blue is very close the grabber blue

Clean it and spray it. I figured it was better to have spray can paint on mine rather than primer as I was out of money for the project and I would just get it on the road vs waiting another ten yrs

It hadn’t been on the road fir almost 35 years at that point

Attachments

• IMG_1347.jpeg
    IMG_1347.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1462.jpeg
    IMG_1462.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1461.jpeg
    IMG_1461.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1348.jpeg