• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 71 mach1 parts car

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Before you go any further, I suggest getting other repair estimates from a few qualified / recommended restoration shops. I see the front sway bar touching or very close to the oil pan and the front lower fender right behind rt. tire misaligned. Measuring factory frame dimensions are a must.

I'd try to save this Q Code if feasible...

1676333013356.png

So far, its looking like getting the title squared away may be the hardest part of getting this car back on the road. Depending on location, there are varying degrees of pain-in-the-butt for getting a car from salvage title to rebuilt and back on the road. The process in my state requires a state licensed rebuilder to repair the car, then some paperwork, then a state inspection. They want photos before and after of the damage, receipts for parts, vin numbers of cars that used parts were taken off, yada yada.

Almost easier to buy a clapped out body with a clean VIN and just move the vin numbers over. :p

So far, its looking like getting the title squared away may be the hardest part of getting this car back on the road. Depending on location, there are varying degrees of pain-in-the-butt for getting a car from salvage title to rebuilt and back on the road. The process in my state requires a state licensed rebuilder to repair the car, then some paperwork, then a state inspection. They want photos before and after of the damage, receipts for parts, vin numbers of cars that used parts were taken off, yada yada.

Almost easier to buy a clapped out body with a clean VIN and just move the vin numbers over. :p
Yes, that's is how it is in all if not most states.
Michigan used to be very easy.... 15 years or so ago. Guy comes in into my garage, verifies parts I bought have documents and signs off (mind you parts are not installed and car is still with damage).
Now it is exactly how you describe, to eliminate theft and stop unsafe shady business.
Have to rent lift time in a certified shop to have an officer/inspector check everything eventhough credited shop conducted and signed off on repair.

That’s reason I am looking for a shell with title to transfer my parts to.

I was liking this thread until I here talk of moving parts and switching vin numbers are. Not only is that illegal, it’s just wrong on every level.

It’s like buying a dare I say a H-Code and making it into a J-Code. which makes this world a buyer beware society. What ever happened to people having Integrity.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would find a body shop with a frame machine. They could tell you how far things are out of whack and pull it back to specifications. If a frame rail (or other structural component) is fatigued, reproductions are available and the shop could do the replacement for you. If they can stay away from body and paint it shouldn't cost too much to repair the structural parts. Plus you would have that professional paperwork to help you get it back on the road.

I was liking this thread until I here talk of moving parts and switching vin numbers are. Not only is that illegal, it’s just wrong on every level.

It’s like buying a dare I say a H-Code and making it into a J-Code. which makes this world a buyer beware society. What ever happened to people having Integrity.
Although I agree with the part of your post that you have since eliminated, probably due to you being accused of being ignorant politically, when in fact, anyone objectively looking at the current lack of cognitive leadership our nation is being subjected to, can’t possibly think we are headed in a positive direction for the future of our country, children and grandchildren, I can’t say that I agree with you on the premise that to move VIN numbers from a rusty junker to a much more sound vehicle , that just happens to have bad paperwork, is really that different than if somebody rebuilt the junker from a catalog of new aftermarket sheet metal, especially in the case of these guys who rebuild an entire car from just a firewall, because that’s where the VIN is. To me I would rather have this car repaired, and with a clean VIN from a junk car then to have the junk car that was all rebuilt. Legal or not.

That’s reason I am looking for a shell with title to transfer my parts to.
I have a 73 Mach 1 w clean az title rust free h code fold down rear seat auto 2v clea 7500

Attachments

• KIMG1183.JPG
    KIMG1183.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • KIMG1178.JPG
    KIMG1178.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • KIMG1180.JPG
    KIMG1180.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • KIMG1181.JPG
    KIMG1181.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • KIMG1184.JPG
    KIMG1184.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • KIMG1179.JPG
    KIMG1179.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • KIMG1182.JPG
    KIMG1182.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 0

Its hard to convey a joke over written text like this forum. I put the smiley face there directly beside the statement to help show that it was a joke. You can relax now. :D

Hello all. As I feel that my mechanical knowledge is sub-par to take on the endeavor of restoring my car I am selling it to a member who is up for the challenge. I would like to thank y’all for the support and comments with special thanks to the 7173 forum and those that run it. I have learned a lot in the three years I’ve owed her and received great feedback from the many knowledgeable people that participate here.
Hope to be back soon,
John

I have a 73 Mach 1 w clean az title rust free h code fold down rear seat auto 2v clea 7500
If this were closer to me I’d grab it, Of course if it were closer to me it wouldn’t be rust free , LOL That’s a great price for a rust Free body with good VIN ! Too funny on the I don’t care for 73’s comment, same freaking car and came with the body colored bumper standard, albeit slightly different.

If this were closer to me I’d grab it, Of course if it were closer to me it wouldn’t be rust free , LOL That’s a great price for a rust Free body with good VIN ! Too funny on the I don’t care for 73’s comment, same freaking car and came with the body colored bumper standard, albeit slightly different.
There are more different parts on a 73 than you would think. I like both but prefer 71-2 more.

Back