• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 71 mach1 parts car

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just don’t care for the 73’s. Big bumpers. And the lights in the grille being vertical, I don’t care for. I know they are virtually the same but I’m a 71 guy. Lol.
I’ve seen many 73 converted to 71-2 style , never seen 71-2 converted to 73 style 😉

If this were closer to me I’d grab it, Of course if it were closer to me it wouldn’t be rust free , LOL That’s a great price for a rust Free body with good VIN ! Too funny on the I don’t care for 73’s comment, same freaking car and came with the body colored bumper standard, albeit slightly different.
Where are u located I can deliver to Houston

My only issue with the 73 is not at all looks related, it is the weight that the bumper adds to the wrong end of the car from a handling perspective. If I had one again , I would gut the bumper and remove the heavy shock mounts, to make it lighter. Looks wise, I love both front ends, the 71-72 style and 73 style. Yes they’re different but I don’t think one’s better looking than the other. I think the 73 front bumper was an excellent look and answer to a tough regulation. I’ve owned several 71 through 73 Stangs, so I know all the differences very well. When we did the conversion of a 72 to a 73 it was because we had a good front clip from a 73 and felt it was just as attractive. I feel the 73 front end was very nicely done, a nice freshen up that was needed to give the old girl one more shot at sales, and doesn’t even look like it’s supposed to be a 5 MPH bumper. I also like the vertical parking lights just as much as the horizontal ones. Basically I love all 71 thru 73’s.

Last edited:
My only issue with the 73 is not at all looks related, it is the weight that the bumper adds to the wrong end of the car from a handling perspective. If I had one again , I would gut the bumper and remove the heavy shock mounts, to make it lighter. Looks wise, I love both front ends, the 71-72 style and 73 style. Yes they’re different but I don’t think one’s better looking than the other. I think the 73 front bumper was an excellent look and answer to a tough regulation. I’ve owned several 71 through 73 Stangs, so I know all the differences very well. When we did the conversion of a 72 to a 73 it was because we had a good front clip from a 73 and felt it was just as attractive. I feel the 73 front end was very nicely done, a nice freshen up that was needed to give the old girl one more shot at sales, and doesn’t even look like it’s supposed to be a 5 MPH bumper. I also like the vertical parking lights just as much as the horizontal ones. Basically I love all 71 thru 73’s.
71 bumper goes well with 73 chrome grill.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230222-165514_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230222-165514_Chrome.jpg
    837 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20230222-165319_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230222-165319_Chrome.jpg
    936.8 KB · Views: 1
71 bumper goes well with 73 chrome grill.
Yes, that looks great too, I prefer the painted hood and fender trim on all years. The combination with the chrome bumper is very nice, it’s just a nice splash of chrome, but not over done. Does that require the use of 71-72 fenders though ? My recollection is they are different than 73.

Yes, that looks great too, I prefer the painted hood and fender trim on all years. The combination with the chrome bumper is very nice, it’s just a nice splash of chrome, but not over done. Does that require the use of 71-72 fenders though ? My recollection is they are different than 73.
This particular mustang still runs 73 fenders. So no, not required.

Back