• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

72 fastback fold down seat catch

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slimeysimes

Reaction score
My Car
72 Fastback
Hey Guys,

First time to this forum, so howdy all, hope life is treating you well...

Am trying to find a seat catch for the rear fold down seat for my 72 fastback. Found a NOS one on eBay in the US, but the guy won't ship internationally to Oz, so I'm stuck for options. I don't want to have to fix the seat permanently in place, but I cannot get my certification to put the car on the road without locking the seat in place...

Any ideas where I can find one?

Cheers

Simon

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Simon -

Sorry, I can't help you with the latch, but when you get a chance, stop over at the Introductions forum so we can give you a proper welcome. You'll probably run into quite a few more guys that might be a source for your part. Good luck!

See you soon,

Doc

Motorcity mustang will ship overseas. He helped me with my first overseas shipping when I first started selling on ebay. I saw a few on eBay this past weekend and like tnfaskbk said, if you find one that will not ship overseas, get it shipped to somebody in the states.

Simon, If you would like, I will purchase the part for you (just give me the ebay number) and will ship it over to you at my cost (and no mark-up on the part either). I do this for a few others from time to time. Mike

Hey Guys,

First time to this forum, so howdy all, hope life is treating you well...

Am trying to find a seat catch for the rear fold down seat for my 72 fastback. Found a NOS one on eBay in the US, but the guy won't ship internationally to Oz, so I'm stuck for options. I don't want to have to fix the seat permanently in place, but I cannot get my certification to put the car on the road without locking the seat in place...

Any ideas where I can find one?

Cheers

Simon

That's a very generous offer, thankyou, I managed to track down the ebay store owner through another forum (fortunately his ebay name was the same as his forum name) and he very kindly changed the shipping to international and has sent it to me directly.

Thanks again though, a very kind and helpful offer

Regards

Simon

Back