72- Medium Lime Metallic - resurrection

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a long round trip! Maybe the body shop will let you set up a Web Cam and we can all watch the progress live! :idea:
OOOHHHHH Good idea. I will have to throw that idea out there when I visit. Who wants to meet me in Byron,GA to set it up.

Hey..I like that Idea I always wanted to set up a live cam in the Saturday morning garage..I already have an account herehttp://www.oovoo.com/HowToooVooItem.aspx?pname=HowToooVooVideoChatRoom so maybe this weekend I will set it up & start broadcasting live from the Saturday morning garage..stay tuned
Just make sure your not walking around in your Speedo!

:D

Have read that Mustang Central does great work in sheet metal and body and paint. Are known as a Mustang specialized shop. Believe you are in good hands there.Nice looking project!

One more update. All of the metal work is now done and paint will be going on this week. Here are a couple of photos of the first coat of primer drying in the sun a couple of weeks ago. He took some time out of the shop last week to go show his bronco in central TN. I have included a couple of shots of that as well. I received a call from him prior to the last coat of primer going on asking if the car had been in a hail storm or if it had anything stored on top of it. In the 28 years I have had the car nothing like that occured. He indicated he had to hammer and dolly 36 dings out of the roof. I never noticed anything like that when I first got the car back in 84.

IMG_0701.jpg

IMG_0702.jpg

IMG_0703.jpg

A couple of Allan's Bronco (Before & After) they self explanatory

allan bronco 2.jpg

allan bronco.jpg

Looks to be the season of painting here on the forum. Looks like everyone is working with their patience regarding the body work and paint on their cars. Well, I am in the same bucket and continue to pray that my patience is well rewarded with the end product. Nothing so far has made me think it will not be. Here are the first previews of the color going down on my car. Color code 4F-Medium Lime Metallic. It has been 28 years since I saw the worn and rusted out car in this color. My high school restoration went to Bright Red. News is that the paint should be done on the car late next week to the middle of the following week and then three weeks of buffing and finishing off the bottom of the car. I can't wait! I will keep the mustang family posted. I almost feel 16 again. Note, almost accounts for all of the cracking joints and gray hairs.

IMG_0991 (2).jpg

IMG_0993 (2).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I hear ya on the joint cracking and grey hair. Us blue hairs have earned the privilege of driving cool cars. I remember when I was in low 20s at wal-mart and I heard the beautiful sound of massive V8 power idling toward me as I turned to see the 70 hemi challenger convertible, top down, and perfect body...the grey haired old man just smiled as he passed by and witnessed my drool. Now it's my turn.

Can't wait to see the end result of your paint...looks great so far...keep us posted

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I am really excited about it moving along. It would have been nice to have it back for my 4!*$ th birthday next week, but there is time to come. The color sure does pop. My only previous preview on the color was during teardown and the inner panel under the rear glass.

72 Mustang 203.jpg

Roy,

People are saying they are "GREEN" with envy over your motor.

Any progress yet ??

JB

Last edited by a moderator:
Back